Chapter 21 - Getting Cleaned Up

Ricky stood awkwardly in the room, holding his hands over the stains on his shirt as Damon dug through the closet. Once the fog in his mind had cleared, embarrassment washed over him when he realized that he had let things go so far with Hector right in the front seat. He couldn't even look the man in the eye when they arrived, but that didn't stop Damon from fretting over him afterwards.

The mountain of a man silently lead Ricky up the stairs and down the hall, all while looking absolutely ashamed of himself. It was as though he has snapped out of some sort of stupor once he calmed down.  Eventually they arrived in what Ricky could only assume was Damon's bedroom where he told Ricky to wait so he could find a change of clothes.

Ricky doubted he would fit into anything that Damon provided. Everyone but Chris was much larger than he was, but somehow the man managed to pull out a clean shirt that wasn't quite oversized.

"It's one of Chris's old shirt." Damon explained, eyes averted. "We all have our own rooms but our laundry is always mixed."

He grimaced at the shirt, not liking the idea of wearing anything that belonged to that asshole, but also not having much of a choice unless he wanted a ride round covered in jizz. 

"Shower's that way." Damon pointed. "There're towels hanging on the wall that you can use."

"Thanks." Ricky flashed an uncertain smile and turned towards the restroom where he took the quickest shower of his life.

The bathroom itself was covered in white marble and about the size of his tiny apartment, with a standing shower surrounded by glass walls that did little to provide privacy. He saw what he assumed to be an in-ground bath which could easily be mistaken for a hot tub. Then there was the flat screen built into the wall above it. Walking over to the mirror, he realized the sink counter was long enough for several people to stand in front of.

Quickly Ricky cleaned up, got dressed and stepped out where he got a good look at Damon's bedroom. The bed itself was huge and covered in grey, white and black quilts. There were tall potted plants in the corner and half of the  adjoining wall had a window looking out over the pool in the back yard. The lights themselves were actually built into the crevices between the walls and ceiling, making the room glow.

A voice from the entryway made Ricky jump. "Are you alright?"

Turning, he found Hector eyeing him cautiously with Thomas peeking over his shoulder.

"Er...Yeah?"

At the sound of his voice, the two let themselves in and surrounded him.

"Are you sure?" Hector continued. "Between Damon using his aura and what happened in the car..."

"Hurts like hell, doesn't it?" Thomas joked. "I remember when I first experienced that aura of his...Wait, what happened in the car?"

"You did?" Ricky asked, avoiding the question.

"We all did at one time or another." Hector cut in. "It doesn't bother me or Thomas too much anymore though."

That was most likely due to the fact that they were much stronger than Ricky was. "Oh...Okay....So Um...Does this mean the Resort is cancelled?" He tried to continue the conversation, hoping to avoid an awkward silence.

"Are you sure you still want to go? We understand if you're hesitant."

He shrugged. "Yeah. Damon already made the reservation anyways. It'd be a waste to cancel, right?"

They made a collective sigh.

"What?"

"We just thought that after what happened, you may have changed your mind about going anywhere with us." Thomas explained.