Trouble Looming

The Utah investigation culminated on a triumphant note, unveiling a storied history of love that Zak and I have shared across the annals of time. However, as the Utah chapter drew to a close, I found myself compelled to return home and attend to the practicalities of the extended journey that lay ahead. Preparations for filming required me to consolidate my affairs, a process that encompassed tying up loose ends and making the decision to resign from my job to accommodate the substantial period of filming.

Following a family dinner where I endured a barrage of inquiries seeking to extract every detail, I bade my farewells. Subsequently, I arranged for my belongings to be stored and concluded my tenure by surrendering my keys to the front office. Ally, facilitated my transportation to the airport, offering me well wishes while earnestly advising me to exercise caution and wisdom in the face of the encounters that await. The prospect of the impending road trip stirs a blend of anticipation and eagerness within me, while my foremost excitement lies in the possibilities that materialize after the journey's culmination.

As the horizon of this odyssey looms nearer, my sights are set on what follows – the initiation of a new phase in Las Vegas, a city that beckons as the canvas for the commencement of an exciting and transformative chapter in my life.

         The new season of Ghost Adventures was aptly dubbed the "Road Trip through Hell." Carefully orchestrated, the crew had charted a course encompassing multiple locations within each state – Utah, New Mexico, Texas, and beyond. Despite being the sole female on this journey, the camaraderie among our crew has made this experience far from arduous. Their considerate nature and genuine zest for fun have had me in fits of laughter that have left my stomach aching. The essence that drew me to the show in the first place is amplified tenfold when experienced in the company of these remarkable individuals. 

In many ways, I've naturally assumed a maternal role within the group. Certain dietary choices amongst the crew can be harsh on the stomach, prompting me to intervene by orchestrating healthier snacks and even preparing meals on occasion. It's not a role they anticipate or impose upon me; rather, it's a role I've embraced due to my sincere delight in introducing them to nourishing alternatives that can fuel their investigations more effectively than sluggish fare.

Finally arriving at our next destination in Salt Lake City, the imposing McCune Mansion, which currently serves as a wedding venue, awaited us. Numerous wedding attendees have reported sightings of an unfamiliar little girl dancing to music, only to vanish into thin air. The spectral origins of this apparition remain elusive, enshrouded in the mansion's history. A universal truth prevails – every location harbors tales of the paranormal, though not all souls are attuned to its presence. However, the unsettling aspect is that the spectral figure perceived as a little girl might not be benign but rather harbors a more sinister intent. While the crew conducted their preliminary interviews, I remained ensconced in the RV, arranging snacks and meals for the night. 

Mixing a salad, a sudden wave of dizziness swept over me, accompanied by trembling knees. My chest constricted, mirroring the onset of a panic attack. Stars danced at the periphery of my vision, and an icy chill seeped into my bones. A palpable darkness resided within these walls, and an ominous foreboding began to creep over me, this sensation loomed heavily within me, suggesting an inherent malevolence woven into the mansion's fabric. I struggled to regain composure, I suspect malevolent forces sense Zak's presence and bide their time, awaiting the opportune moment to strike or attach themselves to him. Desperately I attempted to ward off the entity that sought to impose its presence on me, gradually, the constriction in my chest eased, allowing me to regain control of my breath. I began to apprehend the visceral impact of Zak's chosen vocation. The horrors he confronts in his line of work, which I had only known from the lens of my own experiences, have a raw intensity I hadn't anticipated. The shadows that had haunted my own life are overshadowed by the potent darkness lurking in the corners of this mansion.