Chapter 3: Together

The two captains stood there, both stammering and awkwardly explaining themselves. Kuroo watched the way she laughed and scratched her neck as she apologized for Akari's comment, he quickly assured her that it didn't bother him.

"By the way," Taiji quickly realized, "What are you doing here?"

Kuroo's face turned pale once he remembered that he had to explain his actions, Would Taiji think that he was odd and a stalker? He panicked and started rambling, unsure what to tell her.

Taiji laughed at his behavior, the tall bedhead was nervous again? She put a hand on his shoulder and told him to breathe. Kuroo jumped at her sudden action, but it snapped him out of his rambling.

Kuroo sighed and scratched his neck, he knew that he had no way of avoiding this if he was her friend,

"I-" He stammered "I wanted to watch you play,"

Taiji smiled at his confession, Was he always this shy?

Taiji's world stopped for a moment, his nervous smile was the only thing she focused on, she realized what he had just said.

"Did he just say he wanted to watch me play?"

A blush crept onto her face without her noticing, and she realized she had yet to give Kuroo a reply

"It's okay," She laughed, "We should have a practice match together sometime."

Kuroo looked up from the ground and smiled at her blushing face, not realizing that his own face was the same shade. Poor Akari had to endure the two clueless captains.

Akari quickly pulled Yuko aside as she saw the captain's best friend walk towards them, Not wanting her to ruin the atmosphere the two idiots had created.

"Akari?" The vice-captain called out in confusion as she was pulled away by the second year,

Akari pulled her senpai to the other side of the court and explained the situation. Yuko laughed at how clueless their captain was, because the members of the girls' volleyball club knew, that Kuroo never really 'annoyed' their captain on purpose,

This rooster head always had a crush on their captain.

Back with the two captains, Kuroo was building up the courage to ask her if they could walk to the train station.

The rest of the girls slowly left the gym one by one and in the end, it was just them, the two captains. Taiji still didn't notice that Kuroo hadn't left as she went into the gym room to change, grab her bag, and lock the door.

"Tai," Kuroo called out as Taiji exited the club room, startling the poor girl,

"AH" She screamed as she dropped the keys that she had been holding, she looked up from the door and her eyes widened as she noticed the male captain standing by the stairs.

"It's getting late," She called back, "Why are you still here?"

She had changed back into her uniform and put up her hair into a bun, unlike the other day. Kuroo found himself staring again, wondering how one person could look so cute without even trying.

"I wanted to walk with you to the train station," Kuroo stated flatly, still entranced by the way she looked.

Taiji found herself confused at his statement, or rather, the way he said it. The way his eyes were fixed on her, the way his words came without any filter. Taiji wondered what was going through his head.