Chapter 9: Weekend

The exams went by with a breeze.

For some students.

Taiji and Kuroo had cheated on quite a few tests together, despite the two being smart on their own. Taiji mostly copied off Kuroo's chemistry and math, while Kuroo nabbed Taiji's biology and English answers.

"I don't think I'll miss these exams," Taiji chuckled to her partner in crime as they left the examination hall, "A pain in the ass is all it is,"

Kuroo agreed with her and raised his eyebrows, "Does your team have any plans for the weekend?"

"No, I heard you guys were starting already right?"

Kuroo gave her a scheming smile, "We get a head start of whooping your asses,"

Sticking out her tongue in retaliation, Taiji thought about her plans for the weekend. She had nothing planned, other than spending time with her brothers.

"I'll drop by if I have time," Taiji gave Kuroo a pat on the back before she moved along, "You mentioned Bokuto-san was gonna be there right?"

Kuroo laughed at the thought of his other good friend, "I've been telling him about you too, he's excited to meet you."

Taiji nodded her head in a smile before running off to meet her teammates who were waiting not too far from him.

~~~

Taiji flopped on the couch as her brother was watching cartoons. She glanced at the time, wondering what the boys were up to.

She sent a text to Kuroo,

Me
[3.30p.m]: How's the training camp?

She waited for a few minutes for a reply, before realizing that he was probably playing matches at the moment.

Taiji quickly went to her room to grab her purse before changing onto jeans and grabbing her coat. She slipped her phone into her purse and put on her shoes.

"Where are you going nee-chan?" Her brother called out to her just before she left,

"I'm going to the store," Taiji gave her brother a reassuring smile, "I'll be back in an hour,"

Her brother tugged on her coat again, "I wanna go too,"

Taiji sighed and gave in to her brother's request. She waited for him to change and helped him put on his shoes.

Taiji's actual plan was to buy ice cream from a store near the school for the boys.

"Taro, do you wanna meet some really strong volleyball players at my school?" Taiji asked as she was paying for ice cream at the store,

"Stronger than you, nee-chan?"

Taiji laughed at his statement. Taro absolutely adored his older sister, claiming that he was going to be an athlete just like her when he was older.

"They might be stronger because they're boys, Taro," Taiji helped her younger brother open the plastic wrapper around the ice cream.

"I still think Nee-chan is the strongest!" Taro looked up with stars in his eyes, "Let's go meet them!"

Taiji led her brother to the boys' gym court, she could hear very clearly that there were people playing.

Taiji opened the door and all eyes were immediately on her and her brother. Nekoma was the first team to react as they bounced over to her in a flash.

"Tai-Senpai!" Inuoka and Lev were towered over their senpai, not noticing the small boy they were intimidating.

Taiji passed the bag with ice cream to Yaku and picked up her little brother who was clutching onto her leg for dear life.

"Alright, back off," Kuroo pulled the boys away from the female captain, "You guys are scaring her brother!"

The boys noticed the terrified little boy and returned to their own court, Taiji could hear two boys yelling at how pretty she was, from a team named Karasuno.

"I would have texted you before I came," Taiji quirked her eyebrow at Kuroo as he brought her outside to calm her brother down, "But you weren't replying my texts, and I assumed you were playing matches,"

"You weren't wrong," Kuroo gave an apologetic smile, "Thanks for the ice cream by the way,"

Taiji waved her hand, "It was nothing, I was bored anyway"

Taro, who had already calmed down, recognized Kuroo from his sister's class photos, "Hello Kuroo-san, are you my Nee-chan's boyfriend?"

Taiji's face had turned into a tomato at her younger brother's question, "That's funny, Taro, why would you ask such a ques-"

"But you talk about him all the time? and I see that you're always smiling when you text him. And you-"

"Let's not talk about this right now, Taro," Taiji gave a slight pat on Taro's head, her face still very red.

Kuroo smiled at his blushing counterpart, a look on his face that Taiji couldn't recognize, "I'll take care of him, you should go talk to the boys,"

Taiji gave a hesitant smile, "Are you sure? He can be a bit of a handful sometimes."

Kuroo nodded with a reassuring smile, taking Taro into his arms and followed Taiji into the gym court. Kuroo stood away from the crowd that formed around Taiji after she spiked a ball into Lev and Inuoka's faces for scaring her brother.

"You like my Nee-chan, right?" Taro gave Kuroo a glee smile, "You look at her all funny, Mommy says that's how people look when they really like someone,"

Kuroo sighed at the younger boy, "I do, but I don't think she likes me back,"

Taro knitted his eyebrows together, a trait he definitely picked up from his older sister, "Onii-san says that she likes you,"

"Are you sure?" Kuroo was unsure if the boy was genuinely telling the truth, or just trying to make him feel better.

"Nee-chan always has that funny look on her face when she talks about you, or when you text her, sometimes Nee-chan comes home with a big smile on her face, like this!" Taro gave a really wide smile to prove his point, "And when we ask about it Nee-chan's face becomes very very red, Onii-san calls it a 'blush'."

Kuroo glanced at Taiji, who was now talking to Tanaka and Noya, he was unsure how to use this information that Taro gave him. Kuroo watched Taiji fool around for another 40 minutes, but his attention turned back to the younger boy as he yawned and snuggled into Kuroo's arms.

Taiji walked towards Kuroo and Taro with a grin, "Are you ready to go home, buddy?"

Taro leaned towards his sister with open arms and a tired smile, "Nee-chan,"

Taiji glanced over to Kuroo as Taro started to fall asleep on her shoulder, "Thanks for looking after him for a little while, I managed to fool around a little," Taiji gave Kuroo a small grin, "I should get him back for his nap right now."

"Do you want me to walk you out?" Kuroo offered,

"I've caused enough trouble already," Taiji patted Kuroo's shoulder, "You should go back to your team,"

Kuroo noticed the look on Taiji's face, her smile was different compared to when he first befriended her.

"I'll see you on Monday then," Kuroo waved, "It was nice meeting your younger brother,"

"I'm sure he had fun meeting you too!" Taiji waved back before turning away.