Detectives AU

I'm sorry, I'm a little stuck with the story, so have some filler content. Inspired by Fugou Keiji: Balance: Unlimited. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

~~~

"Taiji...?" Kuroo could see her frail figure lying on the concrete ground, "TAIJI?"

Pulling her limp body closer, Kuroo could feel the hot tears starting to fall from his eyes. Taiji's skin was pale, way too pale. Crimson blood staining her shirt, and yet, Taiji was smiling.

"You're bleeding out," Kuroo whispered as he brushed her hair away from her face, "I'm sorry."

"Look at you," She coughed, "You're crying."

Her hand weakly wiping away the tears on his cheeks, leaving a small trail of blood in the process.

"The ambulance is on the way," Kuroo choked, "Just hold on a little longer."

Taiji chuckled, ignoring his words completely, "Do you remember the day we finished our first assignment?'

~~~

The shorter female grabbed her partner's collar, pushing him against the wall.

"How could you be so reckless?" She yelled, "Innocent people almost died!"

Kuroo merely stared at her, "They didn't, It's fine."

"Were you just going to pay for their hospital fees if they did?" She growled, "You can't just shoot at the suspect while there are civilians in the way!"

Kuroo pushed her off, "Nobody was hurt, why are you so upset?"

"Because!" She exasperated, "Your recklessness is going to get someone killed."

"Your brother's death was your fault," Kuroo dusted his jacket, "It doesn't mean that everyone will make the same mistake."

A slap landed on his face.

"You know nothing about Takashi," She hissed, "Don't you dare speak about him, you insensitive bastard."

"That was too far, Kuroo," Kai pulled the two apart, "You should take a walk, Taiji."

"Or should I bring up your dead parents too?"

Kai had to pull Taiji back from lunging at Kuroo.

"My parents died protecting the city," Taiji snapped, "Don't you dare disrespect them."

"They still failed to finish their mission." Kuroo snarked.

"When someone you love bleeds out in your arms, you'll understand." She snarled, "Just you wait."

~~~

"I didn't think I'd be foreshadowing my own death," She coughed up more blood, "Too bad I'm not someone you love."

"What are you talking about?" Kuroo tightened his arm around her, "You're not going to die, you can't just leave me like this!"

The pale female smiled weakly, "They'll assign you a new partner, don't worry."

"But I don't want a new partner!"

~~~

Kuroo hated undercover work. He would rather be doing high-speed chases than playing pretend. Plus, the suit he was wearing wasn't breathable, making him itch.

"Are you done yet?" He knocked on Taiji's door, "The suspect should be arriving at the club in an hour or two, so we should head out soon.

The door jolted open, and Taiji stepped out, "Yuko was going a bit overboard with the lipstick."