• You were mine.. •

Inspired by the song "She Was Mine" by AJ Rafael! This is a bit angsty but hope u like it! I recommend u to listen to the song first before this (or read the lyrics)

Adult AU btw! You both are about 20, 2 years into ur relationship :>
- - -

"Do you really have to go, Mob..?" You whimpered. Shigeo has just received an offer for a job from another country. Shigeo, not wanting to lose an opportunity such as this, took the offer and is now heading to Singapore. At the moment, Shigeo and you were standing at the front of the terminal where Shigeo's plane is at.

Shigeo frowned upon seeing your distressed face. "I'll be back soon, Y/n.." He comforted and kissed your forehead causing you to tear up slightly.

"When is soon, Mob? I...don't want you to leave me..." You whimpered yet again as tears finally fall from your eyes. He gently cups your face with his soft hands and wiped your tears away with his thumb. He honestly doesn't know when he can come back which he greatly feared. But, he'll do his best to come back to you.

"Neither do I..." He says with a sad smile.

The clock was inching closer to 3 o'clock, meaning his gate was about to open soon.

"It's almost time, my love.." He says solemnly as he gripped your small hand comfortingly. You snorted.

"Stop making it sound like you're dying!" You giggled and gripped his hand back. Shigeo only smiled and laughed along with you. Not knowing that this will be the last time he'll be with you like this.

"Remember to take care of yourself, take some time off when you're feeling stressed or bad, don't sleep late-" He shushed your concerned rambling with a kiss. He ends the kiss and chuckles in amusement at your cute rambling and red face.

"I know, I know.. I'm a grown man now, Y/n. I know how to take care of myself.." You pouted.

"So what? Can't I be a dotting girlfriend/boyfriend to my boyfriend?" You giggled and lightly slapped his hand. He smiled wholeheartedly with bright pink hues dusting his cheeks. He hugged you tight.

"I'm going to miss you..." He sadly says, hugging you tighter. You frowned and hugged him back.

"Me too.."

- - -

"Looks like I have to go now" He says looking at his terminal beginning to open. He grabs his suitcase. You hold his hand.

"Don't forget me, okay?"

"Never in a million years"

And with that, Shigeo bids his goodbyes to you before slowly approaching his terminal.

- - -

Shigeo sits down on his assigned seat by the window. Sighing softly, he rests his chin on the palm of his hand, gazing out of the window.

Never did he thought he'll leave your side until now. But, it'll only be temporary. He's not sure when he can come back, but he will. Anything to get back to you.

Besides, you're always in his mind 24/7 no matter how far.

- - -

It has been about 2 months when he first came to Singapore. Dang, he didn't notice that 2 months has passed. Being always busy with work and stuff. Time really does fly, he thought.

Since then, he always receives letters from you now and then; just like the one right now. This is the 7th letter he has received from you and he eagerly opens it, not wanting to waste any more time. He smiled fondly at your handwriting, imagining you happily writing it before sending it to him overseas.

'Hi Mob!
How are you? I hope you're doing fine! Is your job stressful or anything? Tell me everything cuz I want to be updated :) Anyways, I know you're wondering how I am and the answer to that is, I'm doing fine! A bit under the weather, but doin' fine anyways! I miss you so much my Shigeo... I want to see you face to face again, but when can we?'

His smile grew and grew at the middle of the letter but frowned as he reads the words, "But when can we?".

He honestly doesn't know when he can come back to you. He thinks about it everyday. After contemplating for a while, he decided to see you in 4 years from now. His job doesn't really have the best salary but within 4 years, he can take a plane to Japan and meet you again! Maybe even sooner if he works hard enough!

Feeling excited, he quickly writes back to you with a comforting and genuine song and reassures you that it won't be too long.

He can't wait to see you again.

- - -

3 years and a half have passed and you haven't wrote back to him since then. Although, he didn't mind. He loved and still loves you to this day, thinking that you are still his. Yeah, it sounds stupid waiting on someone who hasn't written back for 3 years, but he's still in love and he knows he's not wrong.

Because in his eyes, you are still his and his only.

You two may be apart physically, but love is no distance. Not when it comes to you and him.

Or at least, that's what he thought.