• A beautiful lie [YWM E2] •

Sksksksks, prepare for another roller coaster of angst-

I just wrote this earlier btw-

Enjoy! TvT

Edit 6/24/2020:
Instead of female pronouns, I changed it to gender neutral ones such as "They". I'm editing the whole book so my apologies if you're annoyed with the constant edits!!!
— — —

3 years and a half has passed and Shigeo was able to get a ticket to Japan. Feeling excited to meet you again, he decided to buy you your favorite flowers, your favorite stuff animal, and a few chocolates as a present.

Arriving at the airport, he wasted no time to go to his terminal to wait for his plane. After going through the process of checking in, he exhales a sigh of relief as he plops down on the seat in the waiting area of the airport.

He brushes his thumb against the fluffy cheek of the stuffed animal he bought for you. The toy reminded him so much of you to the point where he thought he's with you just by holding this adorable toy. Smiling, he kissed the toy's forehead and hugged it.

"I'm almost there, love. I can't wait"

— — —

His plane lands safely on Japan after 7 hours of being in the air just like 3 and a half years ago. He grabs his phone from his black bag and calls for his younger brother.

"Hey, Ritsu! Can you pick me up from the airport??" Shigeo happily asks when his brother picked up. He heard his brother laugh softly on the other line.

"Haha, sure! Where to??"

"Y/n's place!" Shigeo chuckled. The call went silent.

"Ritsu..? You there?" He warily asks. "You don't know..?" Ritsu croaked out, sadness lurking in his tone when he asked. This shocked him. "Know about what..?"

"That Y/n is dying?"

His ears rung when he heard his brother utter those words. Dying? Since when? How even?

"S-stop joking a-around, Ritsu... It's not funny." He said sternly, clearly scared and creeped by what he just said.

"I'm not joking, brother." His heartbeat picked up.

"S-since when..?"

"Since 3 years ago, Nii-san... They have leukemia. They didn't tell you about it, didn't they?" Ritsu said, not seemingly surprised. It's expected that you wouldn't tell Shigeo about this. You were always a stubborn and selfless person. You wouldn't want him to worry over you overseas.

The more Ritsu revealed information to him, the more his heart ached of sadness and guilt. Why didn't you tell him? He could've helped you! He could've at least eased your pain by being with you!

"Take me to them, Ritsu."

— — —

"Here's the hospital they're in. Want me to guide you to their room?" Ritsu offered as he gets out of his car. Shigeo only nodded as he stared at the looming hospital before him.

Climbing up the last flight of stairs, the Kageyama brothers reached your room where you reside in. Ritsu glances at his brother.

"You go in, Nii-san. I'll wait for you here" Ritsu smiled at him before patting his back. Shigeo gratefully smiled at his younger brother and went inside.

He closes the door behind him and looks at your bedridden self. You had tubes attached to you everywhere and you didn't have the healthy skin color you used to have before he left for Singapore.

With a heavy heart, he approaches you with trembling hands. He reached out for your pale hand and grips it with such delicacy; thinking it would get bruised even by the slightest of bit of pressure. You weakly opened your seemingly lifeless eyes and gaze at the man holding your hand.

"Mob...?" You rasp voice called out. This ached Shigeo's heart further. "Yes, it's me, my love.." He says as he chokes back a sob. You sadly smiled.

"Don't cry, baby..." You cooed, grazing your thumb over his knuckles. "How can I..? There's a possibility that you might die and I just got here..." He whimpered, tears now dropping on your hand.

"There's also a possibility that I'll live." You convinced causing Shigeo to falter. Shigeo really thought that you'll survive from this but, in truth, you were actually right next to death's door. But he didn't know that. Not even your friends.

You desperately wanted him to spend your last years with him but looks like he'll only be by your side for a few days. Such a shame. It can't be helped though. He only wanted to provide for his friends and family. You felt yourself sighing.

"I'll live, Mob." You smiled at him sweetly which fully convinced Shigeo.

What a beautiful lie...