• 10,000 Hours •

Inspired by the song, "10,000 Hours" by Justin Bieber and Dan Shay! I've been practicing this song on my uke for a while so I just thought that this would make a good one-shot idea so hErE iT iS

Dw, I have about 4 drafts for this book that are about to be published soon! Tho it's another batch of angst 😅 Hopefully y'all don't mind!

Enjoy reading!! ^_^

Adult AU! And different POV too!
- - -

Shigeo walked on the busy and cold streets of Tokyo. He buried his reddish face into his scarf and stuffed his hands further into his coat's pockets. He wasn't fond of the cold, as it reminded him of the lonely days he has been living.

Life for him was okay. Hanging out with close and old friends and working tediously for a living. Though he wished he could have someone by his side to cherish and love for the rest of his life. Because even with friends, he couldn't help but feel lonely. Although solitude is no stranger to him.

'I should get some milk, I'm out of stock today...' Shigeo thought as he saw glimpse of a convenience store across the street.

Waiting for the stoplight to turn red, he checked his phone for any notifications. None; as always. Huffing out a sigh, he stuffed his phone back into his coat's pocket and walked across the street once the stoplights turned red.

- - -

"Which flavor should I get...?" Shigeo mumbled under his breath as he looked over his options. As he skimmed over his options, he noticed a small h/c girl trying to reach a jug of chocolate milk at the top shelf. Deciding to help, he walked over to them and easily grabbed the jug of chocolate milk for them.

"Here." Shigeo calmly gave the jug of milk to the short person. The girl's eyes brighten. "Ah, thank you!" The girl smiled brightly which caused Shigeo to falter. His heart started to speed up at the sight of her shining smile.

"N-no problem!" He waved his hands in a dismissive manner. Shigeo went back to get his milk and began to walk over to the counter.

"Ha?! I'm short on money! Did they raise the price?!" The person he met earlier panicked as they frantically checked their wallet. Hearing this, Shigeo walked over to the counter and brought out his wallet. "I'll pay for us. Here."

Shigeo handed over the required amount of money and paid for their stuff. The short person bowed deeply to Shigeo. "Thank you for paying!! You really didn't have to do that... I could've bought it next time..." They fiddled with their fingers, feeling guilty for letting him pay for them.

"It's no problem, really! I just couldn't bare just standing there and doing nothing to help you..." Shigeo sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. They straightened their back and looked at Shigeo with soft eyes.

"What's your name? My name's L/n Y/n! A real pleasure to meet you!" Y/n smiled as she brought her hand up for a handshake. Shigeo smiled and returned the handshake.

"The name's Kageyama Shigeo! It's a pleasure to meet you as well!"

From that day onward, Y/n and Shigeo started to hang out often and slowly became closer and closer every time. Spending time with Y/n is Shigeo's highlight of the day and it was the same for them as well.

'I'd spent 10,000 hours and 10 thousand more, if that what it takes to learn that sweet heart of yours!'

'And I might never get there, but I'm gonna try! If it's 10,000 hours or the rest of my life...!'

- - -

Thank you so much for 7k reads y'all TwT
I love you all, my dear readers! Happy Pride Month!!!

Shoutout to the ppl who's bday month is June!! I wish y'all a happy bday and I hope y'all will have the best of years to come!!

Fun fact, my bday month is also June so happy advance bday to me, I guess? LMAO 😂

Anyways, hope y'all stay healthy and happy! Remember to wash your hands! TwT