(28) #Odeng&RiceCake

JISOO's POV

"Hi ..."

I say timidly as I stepped into his unblemished office room here in the palace. This was my first time here as I observed a stark gray space with a few shelves with books on them. One of the walls in the room was a big blue print. Everything was modern and sleek, made with different metals and hardwoods.

Today's my rest day so I feel under-dressed in my t-shirt and jeans when I saw him.

"Hey Jisoo" he muttered as he was taken aback with my unexpected entrance.

"Sorry, I should knock first" I apologised for forgetting a basic manner.

"Don't bother. What's with the visit?" he looked up at me, his eyes looking tired.

He was wearing an immaculate black suit with a wine red tie that made his brown eyes stood out even more. Even though he'd been sitting, there was not a single crease in his suit. The more I looked at him, the more exhausting things I find about his situation right now.

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked cause I noticed the formal suit he was wearing.

"Actually, I just came from a meeting that is why" he answered as he figured out why was I asking him.

"Oh I see" It was happening again, emptied and nonsense words were starting to fill me. This always happens when I'm nervous.

"Anything you want to tell me?" he questioned out again as he pulled a pile of envelopes on his filing cabinet.

He surely noticed that I didn't answer him for a while so his gaze went back to me again. He stared at me carefully as I was contemplating if I will tell this to him or I'll just shut my mouth. This is going to be harder than I thought.

"Jisoo?"

Since I was busy having a debate in my head, I wasn't paying an attention when he walked towards me. God, he's so beautiful. It's still uncomfortable for me being this close to him.

After having that night conversation in the bridge with Jin, I can tell that we became closer. We're actually friends now. He was no longer that stoned-hearted prince when we're here in the palace. One time, we actually had a real conversation about our hobbies. He tried to ask me what's mine or what am I doing before I accepted to enter the palace. I didn't have much anything to say that moment cause I don't think if my previous life is worth-sharing and also I don't find myself talented unlike him. God really loves Jin for giving him so much blessings.

Leaving his mind curious, I gave him no answer.

"Are you busy?" I finally let it out even though his situation was too obvious.

"Yes, I will be having a meeting."

"Can this meeting be moved for a while?" I asked.

Whatever his answer, I'll respect it. At least I tried. That's what would friends do, right? Help each other. I couldn't do anything for him so right now, I'm just helping him to have a break. He needs it.

He hesitates but seems too curious to say no.

"I suppose that would be all right." he nodded.