(37) #BirthdayGift

Jin's POV

Stopping in front of my full length mirror, I checked my tie again. There would be more eyes watching than usual tonight since it's my birthday. Evidently, my nerves read on my face.

I wondered if she saw my invitation card. Will she come? Hoping for the best, I heaved the deepest sigh I let out today.

Just then, a sudden knock echoed to my door.  I walked over to open it.

"The King and Queen want to see you, Prince Jin" Butler Bang as soon as I opened my door. I just nodded and went directly to their whereabouts.

As I entered the room, my father and mother briefly moved their eyes from their reflection to acknowledge me.

"Ah, there you are. Are you ready?" the King asked, I nodded. Just then, the Queen reached over and grabbed a small box, placing it in front of me.

"Happy birthday our Prince" she said sincerely. If only I could hug them.

My parents were very royally mannered to the point that we couldn't do the things what a normal family could do. Most of the time, I felt that they were not my parents and they were just the king and queen of Korea.

"Thank you for this. Can I open it now?" I asked for their permission first.

"You can. We hope that you'll like our gift" the queen said with excitement.

Carefully, I unwrapped the gift they gave me and a single key came soon to my sight.

"That's yours now." he said, tearing himself away from the mirror.

"And you could show it to the Princess if you both have time" the queen added as I felt her hands tapped my arms.

So my parents just gifted me our resthouse and they wanted me to show it to Jisoo. I just gave them a tight smile, unsure if that would still happen.

"What's wrong? Did you two talk already?" my mother instantly asked as I assumed she read my face.

"Everything's fine. Don't worry" I lied, hoping they would believe me.

"Good. Prince Jin, you'll be at your best behavior tonight since this is your first birthday celebration with your wife" my father talking like a King.
He was definitely reminding me to avoid an issue, again.

If only she would come despite of what was happening to us right now. She still hadn't talk to me since the day I carried her here.

The door opened then, and this time the grand queen walked in. In her typical hanbok, my parents bowed at her. I was about to do the same but grandmother gently pulled me in a hug.

"My Prince, happy happy birthday" she said, greeting me with her warmest touch.

"Thank you." I said, embracing her back.

"I think we should go now" the King cleared his throat as she took the hand of the Queen.

"We'll leave now. Enjoy your day, son" for the first time again in my life, I heard her said that word.

Since the role of the King and Queen were the heaviest among all, they couldn't even come to an occasion even if it was their son's special day. I truly understood them for a quite a long time now.