(41) #HeadOverHeels

JIN's POV

Just when we arrived at the resthouse, all of my friends were already there, waiting for us.

"Finally, you two made it!" Jhope shouted enthusiastically.

"What took you so long?" Suho asked, looking impatient. Beside him was Irene, sitting and sipping her cocktail quietly.

Namjoon, as quick-witted as he should be, just coughed at Suho's question. As expected, he already knew the reason why and I thanked him for that.

"Sorry, traffi-"

"You should be thankful, Suho. I still come" I cut Jisoo off. She didn't have to say sorry and give false excuses. I wanted to be with her, alone. That was the truth.

Namjoon and Jhope just laughed at my response as they felt sorry for Suho. They knew me since we were children, that was why they were already used to me being like this.

Jisoo took a seat at the stool closest to her and just watched us talking. She became quiet which made me worried but her smile told me not to.

Jhope pulled me into the billiard pool and challenged me to have one game with him. I looked back at Jisoo who was still sitting there, watching us. I was about to ask her if I could but then she just mouthed the words,

"Go on. Have fun" as she waved her hands telling me she would be fine. I nodded as I just smiled back at her.

The game began as Jhope made the first move. It has been a while since we played billiards. Just then, Suho joined the room as he only watched us. Irene also came with a new drink on her hands. I just casually joined their conversation when they only asked me from time to time.

After I made my move, I looked again in Jisoo's direction but she was no longer there. I was about to panic but then I heard Namjoon's voice from the karaoke room.

"Jisoo, sing a song for us," Namjoon said as I assumed they were in the other room.

"Let's go Kim Jisoo!" I heard Jinyoung's voice as he hyped up. I got a little distracted, knowing they were in the same room.

"Yow Jin! Your turn" Suho called back my attention.

I tried my best to get back on the game but then I failed when I heard again her enchanting voice.

(A/N: Play the video on the multimedia section for better reading and imagination.)

🎶Two o'clock and I wish that I was sleeping
You're in my head like a song on the radio
All I know is I gotta get next to you🎶

The room beside us turned into silence as soon as Jisoo began to sing. I knew Namjoon, he never hushed in a party unless something or someone amazed him. The same goes with Jinyoung and to think he obviously had his eyes on Jisoo. Feeling uneasy, I was starting to imagine their faces staring at Jisoo while singing.

🎶Maybe we're friends, maybe we're more
Maybe it's just my imagination
But I see you stare just a little too long
And it makes me start to wonder🎶

Her voice was very effortless as she worked through the verses. Perfect without any accompaniment; it was like the song had been written just for her voice.