(31) #CourteousNotCourteous

JISOO's POV

"I'm not going to make it to lunch today," Jen said over the phone.

A little of the light inside of me died. It was the one thing that I was looking forward to today. Between the new workload and tea-tasting session, a lunch with my bestfriend was supposed to be the high point of my day.

"I understand" I told her, trying to keep my voice bright.

"It's okay. I'm totally swamped today anyway." I added, for her not to feel apologetic or something.

"No. I promised you lunch but I won't be able to do it" she replied.

"What's happening Jen?" I could hear people talking in the background behind her.

"It's just that my mom needs me here in pharmacy" she explained as I heard again some voices in the background.

"I get it and don't you worry about it. We have plenty of next time. Bye Jen, regards to your mom" I replied, as I finished highlighting the last line of this page.

"I will, and say hi to your prince too. I'll call you again soon" we said goodbye, both of us reluctant to hang up the phone.

Jen was the one good part of my day. Talking to her made my sour mood into a better one. That friend of mine still believed that Jin and I have a chance, and I really doubted that part.

I'm at the library today for Ms. Dara has new assignments for me. Some people thought that being a Princess was all about that fashion and trends only, they really misunderstood that part. There were much more than that.

Off the topic, I suddenly remembered what just happened hours ago. We passed by each other before I went here, my head looking down. I wanted him to talk to me first and still ask me what's off even if I don't want to answer him. But I only heard silence.

I sighed and looked at my tea. They certainly brought warmth and positivity to the things around me. As I finished the first book, I still continued into the next one. I kept powering through the pages. It was a mindful task, reading that one deep paragraph then writing what was my interpretation and opinion. I had to give my honest words for Ms. Dara to check if the Queen's and my answers were close or contrasting.

It's exhausting but it's also a good thing for me right now. I just wanted to fully occupy my mind and kept them busy for a while.

I worked for what felt like the entire day, but found that it was barely lunch time. It wasn't even noon, yet I was exhausted. Looking around the quiet room, I had barely made a sound. No one dared to disturb me if I was ordered to study here at the library. It was forbidden and I understood.

I felt like putting my head on a break so I decided to breathe some fresh air. I went outside and took a seat near the fountain.

"I miss you Appa, Eomma and Tae-tae" I uttered as I tried to sniff the cool breezing air.

"Talking to yourself again?" a voice came out from nowhere. Still my eyes closed, I just smiled cause I knew the person who just appeared at the scene.

"Hello Jinyoung" I greeted him, shifting my eyes from the darkness into him.

"How's the study going?" he asked, as he sat beside me.