TRD III

Gale's POV

Prince Charles and I decided to head back inside the Palace to see our parents bidding their goodbyes.

As soon as they saw us, they all smiled at us. As if a miracle happened.

We walked towards our parents and faced each other again. "How did it go dear?" my mother asked me and then I answered her that it went well and also complimented the Prince.

"That's good then, King Rubert also told us about Charles. He said that his son is a reserved kind of guy, good thing it went well and it looks like you two hang along just fine" she stated. I was kinda shocked to know that he was that kind of guy, it doesn't look like it.

"Thank you again King Harry and Queen Guisette for having us, I hope you could visit our kingdom as well soon. You can always bring your daughter too, I think my son would love the idea" King Rubert laughed which, I supposed, kinda embarrassed his son.

"Dad! Don't embarrass me infront of them" Prince Charles defended himself. "It's alright Charles, we'd love the idea, but for now, it's best that you two head along now, your car has arrived awhile ago, you'll be travelling for hours" father stated. "Yes King Harry" Charles answered then faced me. "Goodbye milady, I hope to see you soon in our kingdom, it would be an honor to escort you at our palace" He then bid his goodbye as his lips formed a small smile on his face and I smiled back with an answer of "Goodbye as well, do take care on the way home and I'm looking forward to your invitation".

After all that, King Rubert and Charles headed their way back to their kingdom and then I excused myself from my parents to take my leave and rest at my room.

As soon as I entered my room, I saw the roses I had picked this afternoon. It really looks beautiful.

I hurried myself at the bathroom to take a bath without the helpers. They would always insist but I told my parents that I can handle myself at this age and they agreed on it as well.

After taking a quick bath, I slipped onto my night gown and went to the window beside my bed while combing my hair with a brush.

I stared at the silent sky. Stars were shining as always. I opened the window to feel the cold breeze touch my porcelain skin.

I love that kind of breeze, it relaxes me in a way and I just can't help to be reminded of my deceased grand mother.

When I was a kid, she would always dry my hair and comb it with the brush I'm using right now while singing her favourite song, the song which my grand father sang to her back when they were just dating.

I really miss her

She would always teach me how to bake and be the person who I am today, she made me realise that the time we got in the present is precious as a treasure chest at the bottom of the ocean.

Enjoy|Vote|Comment