Chapter 11

The end of the week came and I was currently boarding the bus for the game. The cheerleaders had our own bus so thankfully I could relax. Jay's demeanor was typical this week: controlling and unpredictable. On Fridays I noticed he was especially aggravated because it was game day. I was starting to hate Fridays. My dad texted saying him, Lauren and Adam were already on their way to Davis High. At least I could ride back with them and not have to deal with Jay at all tonight.

***

Our school was winning and I was grateful because it meant Jay would most likely be in a good mood. We did a cheer and once we were done Lauren loudly cheered with us.

"Go Amore!" She yelled from the bleachers.

I smiled at her but felt slightly embarrassed.

"Who is that?" Yasmine asked me.

"My dad's friend," i said. I still refused to acknowledge Lauren as anything else.

"She loud as fuck," Chantel said.

I rolled my eyes at her hypocrisy.

"Chantel you're the last person who needs to be getting mad at someone for being loud," I said.

"Whatever. How are you and Prince Charming?"

"We're fine," I said.

"Mm, okay." Chantel gave me a doubtful look. I swear it always seemed like she knew stuff that I didn't.

The game ended and we won thankfully. I never used to care if the football team won or not because I never cared about sports, but I stressed over it a lot more now. If we lost it was the end of the world for Jay and bad news for me.

"Do you guys want to go to the mall tomorrow?" I asked the girls as I put on my cheer jacket. "I need to get Jay a birthday gift."

"Sure," Kendra said. "What time?"

"Like one."

"You don't need to get him a gift just give that boy some booty," Chantel said. "A nice piece of cake."

I laughed and shook my head.

"None of that," i said. I gave them all hugs before walking up to my family.

"Hey, you did great out there," Lauren said. "I didn't know you were so flexible."

"Thanks," I said. I smiled and waved at Adam.

"Where's Chris at?" Dad asked. "We're going to go get pizza before we head home."

"Mommy, I'm tired," Adam said.

"It's a little late, Marcus," Lauren told my dad. "Maybe another night."

I was relieved I wouldn't have to have another dinner date with them. Having one last weekend was enough for now.

"Amore!" I heard jay call my name.

I tried to ignore it but had no choice but to turn around. Jay waved me over. He had taken off his football uniform and was in gym shorts and a T-shirt. I walked up to him and he gave me a kiss.

"You coming to the party?" He asked me.

"I already told you I'm riding with my dad back," I said.

"Damn, Let's hangout tomorrow then?"

"Can't. I'm going to the mall with my friends."

"I'll come."

I held in the sigh I wanted to let out. He just didn't quit.