Chapter 12

Today was the last day of school before the short Thanksgiving break and it also was Jay's birthday

Today was the last day of school before the short Thanksgiving break and it also was Jay's birthday. I sent him a lovey birthday text and posted him all over my social media. He told me he wouldn't be going to school and I decided to ask my dad if I could stay home. Of course he wasn't having it.

Jay was trying to convince me to ditch but I refused to risk getting grounded. We got out of school early today so it wouldn't be that long before I could see him.

"Where are you taking him to eat at?" Kendra asked me during brunch.

"I don't know," I admitted.

"Huh?"

"I've been overthinking everything I haven't had time to look up any good places."

"I'm sure hell understand. Guys never plan out stuff anyways when it comes down to our celebrations we need to stop stressing over theirs."

"True." The bell rang and i couldn't help but get excited. Only a few more periods before i could be with Jay.

After school I took the bus home and hurried to get freshened up. I took a good shower and shaved. I was exhausted after but still continued to get ready. Jay was on his way to pick me up.

After finishing my hair and makeup I put on my new pink tube dress and a jean jacket. I tried to keep my style fashionable yet simple. Jay had pulled up in front of my house so I grabbed his gift and walked outside. I got in the car and immediately started giving him a bunch of kisses.

"And eighteen," I said after giving him the eighteenth kiss on his lips. "Happy birthday, boo."

Jay laughed and smiled.

"Thank you, beautiful," he said.

"You want to see your gift?" I asked.

"Yeah of course."

I handed him the bag and he opened it. He took out the shoes and also the picture frame that had multiple Polaroid pictures of us in them.

"I know it's not much," I said.

"No, it's perfect," Jay said. "Thoughtful."

I grinned and gave him another kiss.

"Did your parents get you anything?"

"My dad gave me some money," Jay said. "My mom got me some clothes and baked cupcakes. But I loved your gift the most."

"Yay."

"So where we about to eat at? I'm hungry," Jay said.

"You pick," I said.

"I've been craving some seafood."

"Oh. I'm actually allergic to a lot of seafood."

"Really? I didn't know that."

"Yeah so I cant eat that."