Escaping My Evil Brothers Part 2

Bryan's POV:

It's been three weeks since I came home and both the Protectors and Divinus Magia guilds are still protective of me. Heck, even Relena came back from the village she was guarding to make sure I was safe. Then again, we're the Protectors guild, it's only natural. Me and Jakey were in the market at Atlantide looking through the shops for more baking supplies and whatever else we need. But the entire time I kept feeling a presence somewhere near me that wasn't Jakey. I just ignored it thinking I was still a bit paranoid from being with my half brothers.

"Hey B-Bryan," Jakey grabs my attention, "I'm g-going t-to go to the ba-back of the store to s-see if they have th-the right kind of f-flour, o-okay?" I smile nod, telling him that I'll be waiting outside the store. I step outside and enjoy the fresh air and clear mind for a few minutes. But then that's interrupted when I hear a loud clatter in the alley right next to the shop. I was curious but chose to ignore it until it happened again, this time accompanied by a small yelp. I decided to go investigate it real.y quick before Jakey got out of the store. 

I walked down the dark alley way until it came to a dead end. I was confused seeing as everything looked to be in place for an alleyway. But that's when I heard the all too familiar purring. I froze and my heart was pounding while a million thoughts crossed my mind in a second. What is he doing here? He's supposed to be dead, right? How did he survive? Is it only him or did the other survive too? Where is he?! I frantically look around me, my head snapping at every time I hear something shuffle from the wind or his hideous cackling. I'm about to just turn around and run when a cold hand lands on my shoulder. "Hello there, brother. I was wondering where you ran off to." I could feel his hot breath on the back of my ear. 

Before I could even take another breath, I was harshly pushed against the wall of the bakery shop and held there by my neck. I saw what shape he was in and I couldn't help but shudder at his ripped clothes, bloody scars, and his insane smile full of bloody teeth. He was strangling me now and I tried to scream but he was chocking me so harshly that all that came out was a choked wheeze. Rian laughed at me like a maniac. "You think this is bad, what your friends did to our brother was much less forgiving. In fact, why don't you join him!" His fist clenched tighter around my throat as I see him take something metallic out of his pocket. I close my eyes waiting for the pain of my throat being slit or my gut being stabbed but, none of that came. 

Instead I hear a loud roar and a thump as the fist around my neck is removed and I came finally breathe. I nearly collapse as I gasp for breath but then something furry comes to my side and supports me. When I look up, I almost jump when I see a blue furred manticore standing next to me protectively while Rian was groaning a few feet away from me on his back. Suddenly the manticore spoke, "You okay Bryan?" I instantly recognize the voice as Relena.

"I'm okay, just a little out of breath." I turn when I hear Rian's voice again.

"We are not done yet." He takes the dagger that was in his hands and gets ready to fight, but Re is three steps ahead of him. She pounced at him and slashed his arm and stabbed his leg with her tail before grabbing him with her teeth and tossing him at a dumpster. 

She growled at him and told him in an authoritative voice, "Leave now while you still have the chance. Because when I turn you in they will not be so merciful." 

He glanced around and I got my fire magic ready in case he tried to attack me again. He must have seen that he was not going to win this without bleeding out or the poison getting to him first because he growled out, "This isn't over I will come back-" As he turns around suddenly David and Mario appear with a pair of handcuffs.

"Yeah, I don't think so." David says, and the two cuff him and take him away.

We walk out of the alley and Jakey is immediately hugging me and checking if I'm okay. "Jakey I'm okay, really." I kiss his cheek and hold him close. I turn when I hear Re clear her throat. "Oh yeah, I wanted to ask, how did you find me? And where did the other two come from?"

"Well I had this, gut feel for lack of a better word, that you would be in danger today, so I decided to some what follow you guys just in case. Mario and David just happened to be nearby when I saw you get attacked, so I brought them with me." She explained before adding, "And Bryan, you really need to work on your pick up lines." She chuckled.

My face went red with embarrassment. "You heard those?!" I could hear Jakey trying to hold on his laughter.

"I heard enough of them." She smirked at me and my now hotter-than-the-sun face. For the rest of the time that we were at the market Re stuck by us to make sure nothing else happened while helping us shop. When we returned to the temporary guild hall at Divinus Magia, we went straight to the kitchen and while we were putting away the groceries Davis and Mario came in with a few spots of blood on their clothes, yet they seemed very content.

"Y-you g-guys okay?" Jakey asked.

"Oh yeah we're fiiiine." David drew out for some reason.

"What did you boys do to the prisoner?" Relena deadpanned while leaning on the counter.

"What do you mea-"

"He decided that he wanted to try and run. We weren't having it." Mario cut him off. After a moment I just smiled and thanked them for finally getting him in jail. "Well no need to thank us, you have good guildmates." Mario gestured to Re.

"Oh, I didn't get a chance to say thanks Re. You really saved me back there."

"Of course." The rest of the day was spent just hanging out in the kitchen while Jakey baked us cookies. For once, David allowed it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed and I feel like I haven't been posting much even though it's probably only been a couple of days since my last post. Things have just been... hard while being stuck in the same house with the same people for weeks and barely leaving the house. But enough about me, hope you guys are having a wonderful time and I'll see you guys later, bye!