Angel Blood (OoO)

Xylo's POV:

I was going about my day while taking a ride on Shadow. We were flying through the air around the camp when something white and pink zooms in front of me. I try to steer Shadow out of the way but it was already to late and I crashed into it. Shadow tumbles out of the sky with me clutching his reigns. He finally is able to balance out with my help, and we land next to the heap of feathers that turned out to be Bri.

"BRI! Are you okay?" I run over to her not entirely sure on how to check if she's okay. Luckily she got up with a groan.

"Wow you really know how to ride a horse." At least she's alive, I guess I help her to sit up before asking again.

"You okay? How bad are you hurt?" I start to check her for injuries. I feel awful for running into her and possibly damaging her beautiful form.

"I'm fine, it's just a scratch- ow!" She clutched her arm that now had red stripes of blood going down it.

"Let's get you some bandages." I help her to her feet and try my hardest to not let my face heat up. She had a bit of sand on her clothes and her feathers were a bit ruffled, but other than the one injury she seemed okay.

"Oh, actually, this is a great opportunity for me to do something. Let's head back to my cabin, I have bandages there anyways." I agreed and I help her on Shadow. Once I get on she hugs my waist and I can't help but smile.

On the way there I couldn't help but ask. "So what was this a great opportunity for?"

"Well, it's a surprise."

"I-is it for me...?" I ask tentatively and trying to not sound selfish.

"Hmm... we'll see." Is all she says, and  before I know it, we're at her cabin. We get inside and she pulls out bandages and a jar from a cabinet near her bed. I take a look around her place and it was covered in vines and all sorts of plant life. I look back at her to complement her decor but I freeze when I see her dripping and scraping the blood on her arm into a jar.

"Uh... what are you doing...?" I'm slightly concerned for her physical and mental health.

Bri looks back at me as if she just realized I was still here. "Oh. This, is a part of what I wanted to do." She explains carefully. I was a little confused until I remember that Mario had told me that she asked for his blood once. This didn't put me at easy, however. "Relax, once I have enough I'll get some bandages on."

She finally deemed the amount she collected enough and set the jar at a small ritual like station along with a few other things before she sat down on her bed and attempted to bandage herself with one hand. I felt a bit awkward just standing there until I noticed her having trouble. "You need help?" I ask walking closer to her.

"If you could please." She held out her arm for me and I got to work bandaging her arm, with many winces and apologies along the way.

"That feel okay now?" I ask once I'm finished.

"Yeah it's fine. Oh it's done." She got up from her bed and walked over to where she set down the jar which I only now realized was at work this entire time. The other ingredients she put down were gone and all that was left was an empty jar and a silver chain necklace with a pink heart amulet. She grabbed the necklace and gestured for me to follow her outside, so I did.

Once we were on the path in front of her cabin she said to me. "I've been meaning to give this to you. And thank you for the help, even if you were there one who ran me over." She put the necklace on me and it made me feel not only warm, but rejuvenated as well. "It has a few healing properties so it'll be useful in battle." We looked at each other for a long moment before she clicked her tongue. "Well, I'll see you around." She then did something I was not prepared for. She kissed me lightly on the cheek and sauntered off.

I was left frozen with red cheeks before I stupidly stuttered, "B-bye." I am still dumbfounded 3 hours later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Geez I just keep writing OoO oneshots. I need to switch it up... right after the next one cuz I really like that one. Anyways hope you're staying at least a little sane in these times and I'll see you later, bye!