The Cursed Winner (OoO)

Requested by MikePhony

Mario's POV:

I was sweating bullets as I looked over my arsenal, trying to figure out my next move. If he does what I hope he's going to do, then I can use this one and pull this game in my favor. Yeah, that'll work, hopefully... I watched the others at the table with calculated eyes. The next person did exactly as I hoped. I slammed my red 4 on top of the blue 4 and yelled, "UNO!"

Yes I was playing UNO with some friends. Was one of them Xylo? Yes. Did he currently have 5 wins compared to everyone else combined? Yes. That's why I'm taking this game so seriously; if I win I'll be one will closer to beating Xylo with my currant score of 3 wins. But what's the most infuriating is that he's not even trying to win! In fact, for this round he's been trying to help Mitch or Micheal win. The group consisted of me, Kayla, Xylo, Bryan, Mitch, Marshie, and Micheal, in that order.

As soon as I call out Uno a few people groan or swear and next up is Kay. "Hmm... well so long as it isn't Xylo winning again I would be fine with you winning so..." She proceeds to put down a red 6. Next was Xylo and he switched the color to green while trying to defend the himself by saying he isn't trying to win. It wasn't what I had but I could work with this. The next turn is Bryan and when he turns to Mitch with that look in his eye, I already know where this is going.

"Hey Mitch~ do you think you could help me win this?~" Bryan attempts to seduce the dolphin king. Mitch isn't even paying attention to him, he's looking down at his cards while humming to himself.

He only looks up when he heard his name and was confused as to why he asked such a question. "Umm..." Suddenly Marshie, who was going to go after him, latches on to Mitch's side and hisses at Bryan. Mitch gets what Bryan was trying to do and hugs the harpie to calm her down. "Hey, relax Marsh, relax, calm down, he's not getting anything from me." He pets her feathers and she relaxed, but is still glaring daggers at the son of Aphrodite. Bryan is a bit taken back but huffs while he grabs from the pile and he gets two additional cards before he gets a green 1.

Mitch places a green +2 and says to Marshie, "Sorry, it's all I got."

Marshie has this mischievous look on her face that tells me things won't end well for someone.

"Oh no it's fine," she places a red +2. "I got it covered." She gives a cheeky look to Micheal.

"Ah, but you see, you are mistaken." He then places another +2, and it's blue. I can only stare in disbelief as I'm handed six cards leaving me with seven cards, most of them red, with everyone else is laughing. I just drop my head on the table in defeat. Why did we allow stacking? I groan and the laughter only continues when I do so.

"Hey don't sweat it Sparks, you'll get em next time." I hear Kaykrae's voice through giggles and feel a pat on the back. Kay puts down a green 5 and crosses her fingers that Xylo doesn't have anything similar, seeing as he only has 2 more cards before he wins again. I swear he's been blessed by Tyche or something. Unfortunately he does have a card to play and puts down a skip card. Bryan looks so offended that you would think that his fairy horse was killed out of spite.

"UNO! Sorry Bryan, I didn't have any other cards." Xylo apologies. We get through Mitch again and this time Marshie pulls a reverse card. Mitch then pulls from the deck. And he gets more cards. And more. And more. It comes to the point where he gets 10 or more cards before he finally gets what he needs, a yellow 3. He puts his cards face down suddenly and walks  outside. We then hear him scream and curse in rage for at least 5 minutes before he comes back inside.

"Okay, where were we?" He said as if he wasn't completely full of rage for a while. We kinda just stare at him before Bryan hesitantly takes his turn. It was a red 3. Xylo looks at his hand then at the card just placed.

"Y-you know, if you really do feel like th-that Mitch maybe we should, take a break you know?" Xylo said nervously.

"What do you mean?" Mitch asked innocently, as if he's never been angered in his entire life.

"Xylo... Do you have what I think you have in your hand?" Micheal deadpanned. Then it clicks for the rest of us and we simultaneously groan.

"Okay okay. But I didn't want to use it." He puts down a +4. "I win."