• 13 •

A Week Later, 9PM

"Why am I here again?" A tired Mo placed his bag on the soft couch, watching as the house owner was occupied with a cooking book.

"I never got to turn in my favor, it's nice of you to cooperate," He tian placed down his book with a smile and leaned his elbows on the kitchen table top.

"You said you would twist my balls if I didn't show up." Mo grabbed the apron that was always hung up, waiting to be used as He tian obviously only bought it for Mo.

Time passed and Mo was stirring his stew he decided to make, he hadn't talked or hummed a tune, he was too lost in his thoughts about Jian yi.

He hadn't even took notice of He tians arms wrapped tightly around his waist. He tian was awaiting to be yelled at or hit with a spoon and it kind of angered him that Mo wasn't giving him the reaction he wanted.

Even so, He tian remained in this position. As Mo stirred and stirred, his finger hit the side of the heated pot. He whipped his hand back and brought the pain at ease with his tongue.

"Fuck! it hurts-" He turned off the stove and was about to move but a big body blocked his path- "move out of the way," He says, pushing past He tian.

He let the water run down his burn.

Ah fuck, I should've been more careful.

"Does it still hurt?" He tian stood beside him, watching as the redhead had totally lost his focus.

"I'ts fine."

"Who's been occupying your mind? you were distracted."

Mo kept quiet and just listened to the water run, until he took a breath of air and answered.

"If anything happens to Jian yi...it'll be my fault." he sighed, turning the tap off and leaning against the sink.

"Why Jian yi all of a sudden? are you worried about him?"

Mo scoffed, maybe he was, but there's no way he would admit it.

"He's somehow involved with She Li, if anything, it's my fault that's happened."

He tian grew serious in that moment, "Little Mo, you're not responsible for anything She Li is doing, have you forgotten that I'm here to make sure he doesn't take you away?"

Mo didn't say anything in that moment but it was clear to see he felt reassurance by what He tian had said, but still felt like the blond was in trouble.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm gonna stick around Blondie for awhile, so get takeout from now on, Kay?"

The only thing that He tian had heard was that he was being ditched for Jian yi, no way that's happening.

The Next Day, 10AM

"You're really gonna walk me to school everyday?!"

"Yes, so don't leave without me."

Jian yi never felt so much attention in his life, until he saw the other duo at the gates.

"Who're you guys waiting for?" Jian yi ran up to an annoyed Mo, as per usual, and He tian leaning his arm on the redheads shoulder.

"Waiting for you, and since you're here, you don't have to wait anymore, Mo-"

"Jian yi, let's walk to class together."

Did I just get ignored?

"Oh, you're coming too?" Zhan xi had been feeling a little cautious with Mo and Jian Yi together, but it's because he's worried. That's all.

"Yeah? got a problem?"

Zhan xi shook his head but his face yelled, "Yes, I do."

He tian noticed the changed aura of Zhan xi and felt like he had missed something.

The blond interrupted by wrapping his arms around Zhan Xi and Mo,

dragging them into the school, "Guy's, is it my birthday? today seems unreal!"

He tian walked behind them and without hesitation, kicked the back of Jian yi's leg, making all three of them fall.

"Fuck! You clumsy dumbass!"

"I THINK A GHOST TRIPPED ME!"

"Jian yi, there's no such things as ghost."

He tian might've felt a tad left out, his favorite redhead was going to stick around Jian yi and there was only one person to blame.

She Li.

[ Authors note ]

*sorry for the shitty story- but this quarantine has me very unmotivated- I'm craving a i r *