• 26 •

"Stop that."

"Stop what?~"

"Stop putting your hand down my shirt."

"I- I would never do that!"

Zhan Zheng Xi peered down to his chest and to no surprise, Jian Yi's hand was on his bare chest.

With a sigh, he continued to walk the dimly lit path ahead of him while Jian Yi was lazily on his back.

The brunet couldn't believe that he had failed to keep an eye on his best friend at the festival.

So, as a result, the blond became intoxicated after drinking what he thought was "spicy water."

"I want ramen~"

"I am taking you home."

"Huh? Nooo~ ramen! ramen!"

The brunet groaned internally at the loud yelling right behind him. It's at least past ten o'clock and even though he let his mother know he'll be home late, he didn't want to make a pit stop.

So, Zheng Xi made up his mind and would drop his friend home and then leave. No pit stops.

"XiXi..."

The brunet tensed up. the others sultry voice caught him off guard.

"If you buy me ramen, I won't put my hand down your shirt anymore...hm?"

"What kind of deal is that? Can I even call that a deal?"

The brunet was considering the so called deal and eventually, he caved.

"Mm, this is good, sure you don't want any?"

The brunet leaned his chin on the palm of his hand, looking away from the blond.

The blond slurped up the noodles and tried to get a good look at his friends eyes, "what? You mad or something?"

Zheng Xi didn't answer him. Mainly because he was ashamed at how he easily gave in to his friends needs. The idea of disappointing him was not what he wanted. But the fact he actually carried Jian Yi to the nearest convince store just to get ramen was an act of embarrassment.

The brunet slightly jolted as Jian Yi had laid his head on his shoulder.

"You tired?" He asked the other, looking down at him with a nonchalant expression.

Jian Yi moved his head side to side and that's when Zhan Xheng Xi had realised the other was wiping his mouth on his shirt.

"Dumbass!" The brunet pushed the blond off, maybe a little too hard, because now Jian Yi was hugging a random stranger sat beside them.

Jian Yi, a little slow to realise he wasn't wrapping his arms around his best friend, had hugged closer, nuzzling his chin into the strangers neck.

The stranger, probably a man in his forties and very sketchy, judging by the creepy way he was staring at Jian Yi, was patting his head.

Zheng Xi's flight or fight kicked in and had pulled the blond back by his arm, glaring into the strangers eyes.

"Let's go home."

And with enough said, the brunet dragged the other outside with force.

"Hey, you're pulling very hard!"

The blond quirked an eyebrow as he was pulled to the side of the store.

The blonds back was pushed against the brick wall and the brunet was still holding his arm.

"Are you planning to do something scandalous to me here?"

Zhan Zheng Xi looked obviously annoyed.

His mind was filled with so much hatred for the stranger in the store.

With a deep inhale and exhale, Zhan Zheng Xi finally let out his frustration.

"I don't like how he touched you."

Jian Yi looked to the side and then to his friend, "who-"

"That stranger," replied the brunet, clenching his hand into a fist, "it makes me angry when you are touched."

Jian Yi stood silent, watching his friend talk and he honestly didn't understand a word.

The brunet caught the look on his face and sighed out, "do you understand what I'm saying?"

The blond nodded hesitantly and Zheng Xi took it as a sign for wrong timing.

So he turned around and pat his shoulder.

"Get on."

And Jian Yi did.

laying his face on the others broad shoulder.

"Home?"

"Mm, home."