𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷|𝙼𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

Hawkins Indiana

August 1972

Steve and Alex played on the green grass of Alex's front yard. The six-year-olds played together every day possible. Steve was it, and Alex ran away from him. It was a typical hot summer day in Hawkins, Indiana. The sunset upon the earth.

" I am going to get Alex," Steve said while chasing after Alex with his arms out.

Alex laughed as he said, We'll see about" Alex dodged Steve's arms just in time to not get caught in his friend's arms. Both of the boys laughed as they continued to play.

Hawkins Indiana

November 1983

Alex was surprised he remembered so much from his childhood. What toys they played with and how both of them looked. He and Steve had been best friends at that time, and now they have grown apart partly because Steve had become a straight asshole. Alex sat in his room while his little brother Dustin was at his friend's house, Mike wheeler, to be exact. Alex was bored out of his mind and decided to go for a walk. He put on his black vans slipped out the front door into the chill wind of November. The teen walked silently, enjoying the scenery of the little town of Hawkins. He stepped onto the street, and his silence was invaded by a loud horn blaring, and it was raising All hell to his ears.

He looked at the driver, some random man. He continued down the street. As he walked, he thought of why Steve and he weren't close anymore.

1977

Freshmen Year Hawkins High School

Alex came late about the second period, and he walked into Math.

He sat behind Steve and tried to say hi, but Steve whispered harshly, "Look, Dork, leave me alone" Steve said this looking at Alex up and down as if saying Alex wasn't good enough for his friendship. He saw two teens sitting next to him laugh. The boy felt betrayed, and sadness welp in his heart. He wanted to hurt all three of the teens bad but knew he couldn't. He raised his hand and asked to go to the bathroom. The teacher allowed him to. He got up out his seat, quickly grabbing the hall pass on his way out. He ran to the bathroom and busted in. From the entrance, he ran into one of the stalls and locked it.

That's when Alex chose to distance himself from steve. He did not want to get hurt like that again from forgiving Steve. He just sat there, crying like a baby. Alex wanted to stop but just couldn't stop himself. He had just lost his first love and best friend. What made it worst was from the looks of it steve did not care at all. When Alex got home and cried and screamed himself to sleep that night and every night for that year, wondering why he had fallen in love with someone who didn't love him and was straight. The night was stormy that night, perfect for his mood.

Present

It had taken him that whole year to get over Steve. Steve didn't know that tho and now all of a sudden, he tried to reconnect till today, and it was weird.

Alex walked around the block and ended back at home. Dustin was in his room asleep. Alex continued into him as Dustin had done earlier. He laid on his bed, and it hit him. Ringing started in his ears, and the thumping felt like someone was stomping on his brains. His migraine hit him just as he was about to fall asleep. He got up, and the ringing in his ear intensified. He walked toward his door and opened the door. He stumbled into the bathroom. He began to open the mirror covering the cabinet. He looked for his medicine, reading all the bottles. He thing was he didn't find any of his pills. He knew he used the last of me this morning, but his mother said she would get more. He thought she would have just put them in the cabinet; that's why he didn't ask her and wake her up when he got home. He saw Tylenol and grabbed it taking one pill. He stumbled back to his room, laying on his bed, waiting for the Tylenol to kick in. He knew it worked when the ringing stopped, but the thumping was left alone. But the thumping became under control and stable. He was able to fall asleep.

He woke up to light shining on his face. He sat up and held his head. The pain had stopped. He was surprised it had stopped on its own. Dustin was gone already, and he presumed to go to mikes. He grabbed a towel from his room and got in the shower. The tired male got in and let the water run over his body. He didn't get out until the water ran cold. He wrapped the towel around him and walked out of the bathroom. He grabbed a baggy grey sweatshirt and blue jeans, and he put on converse sneakers. He grabbed his book bag quickly, looking at his watch. 8:00. He walked quickly to school. He was taking the quickest way to school. He arrived at 8:20, and the first period started at 8:30. He put his stuff in his blue locker. He walked into class. There was his math teacher Mr. Malcom. Alex hated school so much it was boring, even lunch.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

It was now the middle of the school day, and he and his classmates were in the hallway. He saw Steve and his two little pets, Nancy, his perfect girlfriend, and Nancy Bestfriend Barb, which is what he thought her name was.

He heard Steve invite Nancy and barb to his house that night. He figured it was a party and he had nothing better to do so he decided to go. The rest of the day went rather quickly. He went home first and changed his clothes to warmer clothes. It had gotten colder outside. After changing into his classic vans and sweatpants with a jacket over his sweatshirt, he left the house heading to steves. When he arrived, it was already dark. He saw Barb and Nancy at the door, and he ran up behind them, walking in.

When Steve saw him, he could tell he was surprised. " Alexander," he said, sounding like he was asking.

Alex nodded.

Steve questioned, looking at the shorter boy with a shocked face and raised eyebrows," why are you here."

Alex responded, "I had nothing better to do and would most likely get bored at home." Alex said this with a solid glare, and he did this looking away from Steve's eyes, really just wanting to get inside the party already.

Steve stepped aside, allowing Alex to walk in. All four of the teens went to the back. There was a large pool in the middle. Carol and Tommy sat on one side of the body of water while Nancy stood with Steve. Barb on the diving board. Steve gave all of the beers, and they got Nancy to drink it weirdly. While Alex just opened his from the top. He was drinking it the ordinary way. That's when he looked out the corner of his eye and saw Nancy going into the water. It was the beginning of November, and they go in the fucking pool.

What the Fuck was she thinking, she was going to get hypothermia in her ass. Steve helped her out and brought her back into the house. That was Alex cue to leave, and he did not want to hear moaning in Steve's backyard. He shook at the thought, ... he made a grossed-out face.

He walked home, and when he got back, his mom told him why he didn't see any more of his pills in the cabinet. It was because the pharmacy had stopped selling them.

He thought maybe she forgot. Without his pills, his life had to become even more shitty than it already was.

Author note:  she helped me with this whole  She helped me get this whole chapter together. I am loving this story so far.