Chapter 1: R E S U R G E N C E

[an increase or revival after a period of little activity, popularity, or occurance]

"You just can't have it all." Reid has shrugged.

It had been nearly two and a half years now but some things just stay the same. Her usual lunch date with Reid was a consistent weekly thing since he took a much more meaningful role in WWE as part of the commentary team in Smackdown. As far as she was told, Reid was placed as far away from Dean since her departure, constantly moved whenever the man moved brands, they would never be placed in the same brand without Reid causing a scene and attempting murder in the process.

Two and a half years later and some things had changed, for both the better and worse of everyone she had known. Roman was going in and out of WWE due to battling cancer, but he's working on it, constantly keeping himself healthy and always making sure that he was safe from impending danger inside the ring. Then there was Seth, of the entire person that could finally change the bastard's heart, it just had to be the innocent Becky Lynch whose heart was broken when Finn Balor got married to somebody else.

Life just had a way to flip everything they knew over and over and over again.

"Have you thought about adopting then?" she inquired.

A sigh escaped the lips of his son, at even such a young age, he had the world crushing against his shoulders. Newly married and a man that hoped to have a family of his own someday, as he had just said, sometimes you can't have it all. They had been trying for months, but constantly the results came out the same, negative. Neither know nor do they want to know who was incapable, but decided to just stop trying if it meant hurting themselves more.

"We thought about it, but with how we're both constantly on the road, adopting might not be the best option." He pointed out, stabbing his fork against the bowl of mashed potatoes in front of him.

"I think the both of you are too young for it." Sonya sighed, the thought of being a grandparent at her young age didn't bother her as much as the stress it would entail for both her son and his new wife. She knew the pair would still be unready for the responsibility but then again, she didn't want to be the one to voice out her opinion.

"I think it's for the best." She sighed knowing the conversation was over, but still unfinished. As much as she knew it wasn't time, she can't help but feel helpless, not knowing how to help him out when it comes to this. She was just as helpless in this sort of dilemma but in a much more different way.

"So." Reid sighed and like a switch, the gloom disappeared from his face. "How is Ms. CEO doing this days?"

She rolled her eyes. The memory of what she was to do after their lunch only made her linger in the stress that was to come to her. The lingering sense of responsibility of what her new beginning to a company that was so similar to WWE but had been run far different from what she was used to. It was her new home.