Chapter 12: E A R N E S T

[in serious reality; serious in speech or action]

Jetlag had been her enemy the moment she had flew back home.

The first line of business she had as soon as she landed was the meeting she had with executives just to give update with what the week as been like. To have her make an agreement with NJPW was also the progress they needed, but it was still clouded with conflict knowing the individuals formally involved in the company also being part of the executive team.

"Good Morning." She smiled at everyone, having to be a few minutes late knowing she came straight from the airport, almost not even leaving Japan because of a certain bastard being convincing to neglect her CEO duties, as he had playfully pointed out. "My flight got delayed." She excused.

She was welcomed by teasing by everyone including Matt, Nick, and Cody. Her eyes meeting Tony who immediately noticed the large ring on her finger. She smiled before hiding her hand through her jacket. Finally taking her seat besides the man and the rest of the meeting continued on.

Her attention solely focused on the projected number of viewers, being more than anyone of them had actually expected since their start. She tried to hide her smile now at sheer victory for it, with their numbers steadily growing it was the go sign all of them needed as they would start expanding in the coming future.

"And for the reason why Sonya was late." Tony pointed out, it only meant that he hasn't announced the news to everyone yet.

"I've struck a deal with NJPW and Stardom." She began. "By next month, we will have the same arrangement they have with ROH."

Instead of the expected agreement, she was met with silence from everyone that was once part of NJPW. Cody, Kenny, and the Young Bucks were hesitant with the very idea. But for the business, she knew it would work. There was still a scar that was yet to heal between them and she understood it more than anything.

"We still have no solid plan for now." She assured. "We signed a commitment deal. Jon Moxley is proof that it can work. Will Ospreay working alongside Bea Priestley in a match against Cody and Brandi is proof that they are willing to open doors for us as much as we are willing for them."

"It's not about pride or anything, Sonya." Cody sighed looking between the Bucks and Kenny. "They practically threw us out of the door, this is business and we know that, this is what we agreed when we signed the contract. I know more than anyone that this would be a good opportunity for everyone, but it's hard to forget something that happened." He continued. "You of all people should know that."

Her eyes widen, the ring burning against her finger was well aware of what he meant.

"We can talk about this for the rest of the year. We can work around it. I don't want to force any of you into this. Besides Tony, you four are the key element in what goes behind the scene, I can't lose any of you because of this." She reassured. "I don't know what happened with you back there, but when I talked to them, they had been constantly asking how we treat you four and I wish that would be the sign we need to start it all of this."

Silence still enveloped around.

"Let's just place it on the further discussion notice." She sighed knowing this discussion wouldn't be resolved today. It would take much convincing as well as the much needed proof for why it would be a good idea to start collaborating with the company.

"Can we now talk about that big rock on your hand you've been hiding since you got here?" Nick inquired hoping to lighten the mood, it worked but it meant having her in the hot seat in the process.

"Uhm, I'm getting married soon." She announced shyly. She could feel the heat lingering on her cheeks. "Jon proposed to me back in Japan."

She was once again met with silence for a few seconds before finally she was given a supply a congratulation and ribs for finally getting back with Jon after everything that happen. For once, she sighed and smiled relieved to know she wasn't given the backlash she had once thought would have with the news.