Chapter 18: G R A V I T A T I O N

[the force which attracts material bodies to each other]

"I really think we should both stop smoking."

Sonya could only smile at Jon's suggestion. Sam was currently in the care of Sammy Guevara and Chris Jericho as they wanted to go out on a smoking break, leaving the two of them now outside in the parking lot, each with a stick of cigarette on their lips before the start of the show in an hour's time.

"It's kind of the wrong time for you to make the suggestion." She pointed out blowing the smoke between her lips.

She knew the suggestion was right, she had read articles about how dangerous second hand smoking was for a child and she wasn't about to pass the chain-smoking tendency to their daughter for the future.

"But you're right." She sighed, being reminded of her doctor's warning. Smoking wasn't so good for her if she plans on ever having another child in the future. It wasn't part of their short term plans but the idea was something both of them had thought so hard for the future.

Both of them throwing out their barely used smoke but instead of heading inside, both of them stayed out, taking as much time alone before they were both needed backstage. With Brandi volunteering to care for Sam last minute for tonight, Jon was expected to get back and go and interrupt Kenny's match.

"You ready to head back?" she asked, arm wrapped around her husband's waist.

"Yeah." He smirked. "Gotta throw that noodle head through a glass table tonight." The dark intention in his mind worried her at times, not just for his own safety but as well as the opponent—she knew telling Jon about the full incident that happened in the meeting room almost two weeks ago wasn't a good idea.

"Jon. You don't need to fight my battle for me on this." She pointed out.

"I know." Jon assured. "But that doesn't mean I'm going to let him do it to you after all the shit you've been through."

"Mox." Her tone now held more warning, not as his wife or the mother of his daughter, but as his boss. She doesn't want the same chaos from WWE to go to here. "It's not worth fighting about if we're going to kiss and make up in a few days." She assured as much as she knew it might not be possible.

"No one's kiss you besides me and Sam."

She rolled her eyes pulling him down for a kiss. It was what she can do for now. It was what can placate him for now and with no one to see, she was doing everything to make sure he would come out in front of the cameras sane and not a genuine threat to the health and safety of his own co-workers.

"I know what you're doing." He whispered pulling away from her. Hands resting on the small of her back.

"Is it working?" she grinned hands rubbing his stiff shoulders.

"Fuck yeah." He groaned pulling you into an all-out make out session in the middle of the parking lot.

Lips mashing and teeth clinking against each other. He effortlessly swept her off of her feet—literally. Arms wrapped around her waist as if she was lifted off her feet. Her arms slithered around his neck as she accepted being consumed by him, the taste of nicotine still in both of their tongues, the smell of their smoke and pollution of the outside, the feeling of warmth in her core and the cold air as darkness was slowly arriving on them.

Both pulling away at someone clearing their throat.

Breaking apart, both turned to the owner to see Kenny Omega looking sheepishly at them both.

"Sorry to interrupt, but can I talk to you before the start of the show?" Kenny's attention turned towards the dishevelled Sonya Good.

Being placed back onto her feet, she held on to Jon as he attempt to threaten Kenny.