Chapter 3: M E S N A

[in law, between two extremes]

"You know it's for the best, Son." Tony assured, mid-meeting, their agenda now focused on the new talents that debuted and would be debuting in the coming weeks.

Sonya stared at the executives inside the conference room. For once, she felt so intimidated by the eyes still resting at her. By now, many had placed two and two together. Everyone was now up to date with the past between Sonya McMahon and the new debut Jon Moxley. She felt helpless knowing that Tony was right and she knew he was right to have the man in the company.

"I know he will be. From what I've forecasted with a good storyline for him, he can draw the numbers we need, even exceed more." She assured. "What happened between me and Am—Moxley isn't going to be an issue for anyone in the company both inside and outside the ring."

She felt the eyes now removed on her and back to the rest of the meeting. She was certain this won't be the last conversation she would have about the man, but she will make sure to shut it all down before the doubt can get seeded in each and every one of their minds. She didn't need the doubt in their minds, not anymore.

She had listened all throughout the entire meeting, giving her opinions on what would be better for the show in the coming months, All throughout her time inside the meeting room, both she and her assistant, who was writing notes on her and Tony's behalf, had given her a pointed look, she mouthed sleepy to which the older woman rolled her eyes and continued on with her notes.

As soon as the meeting was done, she was about to bolt out but Tony had asked her to stay. Another look was shared between Sonya and her assistant but neither of them said anything and Sonya was left to stare at the friend she had met in her previous life and the final salvation she needed as they start a new revolution.

"How did the board meeting go with WWE?" Tony Khan had inquired, his eyes resting on her as she tried so hard to look at anything else but the man.

She didn't want to talk about the mess with the other company. With Vince finally recovering from all the shit storm that came to him, he is once again demanding his place in the company—a company that Sonya was in complete and total control of.

"I'm giving him back the company if that's what he wants." She sighed, it was a constant thing she doesn't want to be part of her life anymore. It was the reason for all the destruction and mess that ever came to her life. "My lawyer is processing everything so I can just give everything back."

"Do you think that would be best?"

"For me and my sanity? Yes. That please is toxic, and I don't need the constant reminder of the time I wasted just to take an empty seat in that hellhole." She explained but it was more than that, it wasn't something she should be talking about with her business partner.

"Do you think WWE would be in good hands with your father, after everything that had happened to him, post-cancer?"

She shrugged.

"With Talent in WWE leaving and moving to AEW and other promotion, I think that's answer enough to what WWE is right now."

Tony sighed, the stress of the new company still weighing him down more than anything. He still had a lot to learn, that much Sonya had realized having to work with him for years now.

"You could have made sure that didn't happen."

"I could. But I chose not to." She confessed. "You know what I had to go through, Tons. I don't want that part of my life anymore. I don't control anyone and I'm not gonna start anytime soon."

"You really okay with Moxley being here?"

If she was being honest, no. Nothing screams trouble that herself and Jon Moxley in the same room. She was uncertain what state of mind did the man have at this very moment. She was uncertain if it was the same Jon Moxley all those years ago, or is it still the Dean Ambrose that manipulated her and broke her heart.