Chapter 14: P A R A D I S E

[any place of happiness; heaven]

Annoyance lingered on the face of Jon Moxley the moment the doctors had announced he was unable to compete for All Out against Kenny Omega. Sonya was worried above everything else, the damn baseball-size lump on Jon's elbow was something that wasn't normal as much as the man said it was.

"Fucking hell." Jon muttered.

Sonya looked helplessly at the doctor hoping that this issue would be resolved and Jon wouldn't throw a fit because of it. But as the doctor continued to explain the severity of the Staph infection, the clearer it had become to Sonya that Jon wouldn't be able toc compete in All Out, as she had agreed on behalf of the annoyed Jon Moxley that surgery should be performed as soon as possible and her mind was already making the necessary actions to take now that the man would be out.

"When can we get the surgery done?" she inquired.

"We can schedule it by tomorrow." The Doctor explained awaiting for them to make the decision.

"Alright. I'll make the call at work for him." Sonya smiled.

The doctor giving them a moment of privacy as he left the room. Sonya watching Jon deep in thought. With her smaller hands, she held on to his hands, shaking with what she believed was anger, anger for everything going on with him right now. It was the worst time to get side lined with only a few days left before the Pay Per View, no one was more frustrated that the injured man himself.

"I don't want to go to surgery yet." The man had once again let his stubbornness manifest.

"I'd prefer you do so me and your daughter can see you alive and well." She pointed out. She knew the danger of a Staph Infection, having known about it almost killing CM Punk in the past, she wasn't about to let the same thing happen to the man in front of her. "I need you healthy, Jon. We'll make sure you and Kenny can compete in the next PPV instead. You can't prolong this more than you already have."

He knew she was right, Sonya smiled as the man was finally relenting with what she wanted for him. It was for the best, it would mean so much was needed to be sacrificed but the company's primary goal is to make sure everyone was healthy enough before a match.

"What the fuck am I to do in three weeks then?" he question finally relenting—in his own Moxley way.

"We'll think of something." She assured kissing the palm of his hand. The man pulling away and resting his hand on top of his chest. "We always do."

The man was silent for a moment.

"I want you and Sammy in Vegas with me." he announced.

She tensed it's been years since she had ever stepped foot in Jon's home in Vegas. It brought back lots of memory that she sometimes wish never to come back from, but she swallowed away the doubt, knowing they were making a future for themselves. All she needed to do was trust him one last time.

"I trust you." she smiled kissing him and deciding it was the best thing for all of them to do.

~

"Shouldn't you be flying out for the show?" Jon had question the moment he sees Sonya laid on the couch with their daughter Sammy laying on top of her, sleep slowly but surely consuming her.

"Cody and Tony are taking charge of the show tonight. I thought you needed someone here with you." she pointed out with a smile, her fingers drawing light circles on her daughter's back.

His eyes perked up at the sight of their new dog, Blue. A smile still lingering on his face when Sonya decided they wanted a dog and somehow in the animal shelter with Samantha, the kid just fell in love with the shy bulldog with the blue ribbon. Now there was another addition in their household and Jon just couldn't have it any other way.