Chapter 13: L I A B L E

[exposed to damage, danger expense; responsible]

Instead of heading back to Vegas to recuperate, he wanted to make peace with everyone important to Sonya. Reid McMahon was the only person she valued more than anyone else in her life and he does plan to finally marry her, he wanted them to also be part of their new life, in any way possible.

His drive to Cleveland was half filled with Sonya facetiming him as he drove, he could sense her nerves getting the best of her. How she had told him that she had accidentally sent the wrong files to Tony, and having her repeat her emails twice or thrice because of it.

He was relieved to know, slowly everything he thought he lost, was coming back to him. A part of him was finally a peace knowing everything he could ever want in his life was residing in Cleveland making one hell of a show for everyone to see for AEW.

"I think I'm close now." Jon announced, seeing the landmark Sonya had pointed out to her. "I'm getting coffee, you guys want anything?" he asked.

There was no response from the other line and he noticed Sonya was occupied in another video call with Tony and the executives on her laptop. She mouthed anything as she continued on with her call. He smiled and took it as a sign to drop his own call and get coffee for everyone before he gets there—it was small token in hopes of getting on Reid's good side.

As soon as he had the coffee on the back of the car, he continued on his drive until he halted in the front of the house that stuck out like a sore thumb in the middle of the suburbs, white picket fence, white walls and black accent all around, this was the first time he had seen a house with not much color in the outside, but it was definitely what made Sonya fall it love.

By the window, he saw Reid with a blank face which surprised Jon for once. Since the day Sonya left WWE all those years ago, at any time they were in the same vicinity of each other, the man had made sure to make his decisions well aware of him over and over again. Reid Adam McMahon became the ghost of the sins of his past. More often than not it meant having to go toe to toe with the man and having several superstars separate them. It was in Hunter's best intentions to keep them separated as much as possible, with him at RAW and Reid doing commentary as Smackdown.

Now as he stood in front of the door, with the tray of coffee and muffins on one hand, he was waiting for his happy ending to open the door.

He didn't need to knock as the doors come opening, Jojo McMahon comes to greet him with a smile. Jon genuinely liked the kid, she had been a sort of calming factor to the ever wrathful Reid in those past few years. She never laid any ill words at him and often asked how he was doing since everything had gone south.

Before he could greet Jojo, his eyes narrowed at the little girl standing beside Jojo. With the brightest blue eyes, blonde hair, and the biggest smile on her innocent little face, the dimpled little cheeks only added to the layer of innocents and the mix of mischief in the kid's face.

"Hi Jon." Jojo finally broke his trance from the kid that now held onto her hand. "Sonya's still in a call with AEW, come in." she opened the door wider to him and he want inside.

All throughout his path to the living room where Reid now occupied the loveseat, the sound of the mumbling child and her laughter brought something in him, the sense of a family of his own. Soon, he tried telling himself over and over again as he laid the tray of coffee on the coffee table.

"You still know what we like." Reid pointed out as he took the double shot espresso from the tray.

Before Jon can make a comeback, the sight of the little girl making her way towards Reid had cut him off. A big smile now replaced the standoffish attitude the man had only moment ago. A kid really does change a person—one way or another.