Chapter 19: F I X A T I O N

[stability; absence of volatility]

"We really need to get Sam a babysitter." Jon had pointed out at the end of the show.

Sam had nestled her head against the crook of Jon's shoulders. Both of them tired from everything that had happened tonight. With her needing to have a quick talk with Tony, Jon was left to care for Sam while she was gone.

Sonya knew Jon was right, it wasn't out of the need to get away from Sam, more because both of them were busy with work and they can't forever have someone else care for their daughter like they had done tonight because of Brandi. She knew it was too much to ask Jon to constantly care for Sam if she was unavailable because of work, he was working himself, more tired than she can ever be.

"We'll find someone when we get home." Sonya assured kissing her daughter's pudgy cheeks before her lips lingered onto Jon's exposed shoulders. "Drive safely, okay?"

Jon nodded kissing her on the forehead before heading out of the arena and into their rental car. Sonya took a moment to breath, knowing whatever she might say to Tony could possibly change the entire landscape of their working relationship and how the man would look at her from now on. If worse comes to worst, she might even need to resign from her position if it meant never having them involved with this if needed to.

"Where do you want to eat?"

She turned to her left to see Tony with a small smile on his lips.

"To be honest, I really want Chick-fil-A right now." She pointed out with a smile.

"Thank God, I thought you wanted something classy last minute." He teased earning a light smack in the arm. "You heading for a drink after? Heard some of the roster are heading to a bar in the hotel afterward?"

She shook her head knowing that it would be her turn to watch over Sam. She was still in the process of convincing Jon about joining the roster for their usual drink.

"Maybe next time when we finally handle Sam's babysitter situation." she assured. "Sometimes I think Jon getting too involved with Sam means having her constantly learning a new swear word by the end of the day." She muttered making her friend burst out laughing.

~

With their stomach full from their meal, Sonya rested her back against the metal chair she sat on. She lets out an unwomanly burp making Tony snort before laughing at her expense.

"So how's everything in the Moxley household doing post-marriage?" Tony inquired.

It was a tactic she knew all too well from the man. It was his own way of calming her down so she could open up—it was working for some unknown reason.

"Aside from the longer flights to Florida, everything else is great in Vegas." She admitted.

"Why Vegas?"

"It was just a great scene, the house is huge and we always wanted to have a place as big as it was for our kids back when we were still in WWE. Sam is actually enjoying the place more than we actually thought she would."

Tony nodded.

"You know when Mom found out you and Jon got back together and you got a kid, she started hounding me when I'd give her a grandchild." He sighed, she was present in one of those instances while having dinner with the Khan family months ago.

"To think your Mom always thought we'd make a cute couple." She teased.

"I don't mix business with pleasure—no offence."

"None taken." She looked at the near empty fast food place and they were left to wonder the chaos of what their lives had become since being part of AEW, more for herself than anyone else at the moment. "I hid so many things, denied so much more and I still feel shit because I don't know if I can live up to any of your expectations because of it."