Chapter 8: T W I N G E

[to affect with a sudden sharp pain; twitch]

"I thought that I was going to be the only confidant you have for Baby Sam?" Joshua Sinclair was currently getting on her nerves.

In the back seat was her daughter, in her pink car seat, her blue eyes looking curiously at both her and Joshua who was driving them to her new home in Cleveland with Reid and Jojo. It had been a five hour drive, and nearly half an hour left before they finally arrive and Joshua was only now asking the needed question that made her doubt her decisions once again.

"I don't want to hide her any more than I've already done." She confessed.

She was able to get the life they finally have with Jojo joining along. It was unfair to exclude her daughter from all of this, she deserve this more than anyone else. She was possibly the hope finally given in her change of heart.

"Are you ready for how Reid would react then?"

"No. No one will ever be ready to see their own son angry at her of lying and keeping something this big from him for two and a half years, Sinclair." She snorted.

"You want me to keep your stuff in the car just in case?"

"No. You get everything out of the car and leave as soon as you think you can." She instructed. "If ever anything goes down, I'll just contact you."

The man nodded but the smirk knew hell would break loose either way.

"Jon gave me something." She muttered pulling out the velvet box from her inside jacket. A part of her had wanted to wear the ring, but it just felt so wrong to do so.

"That's one big rock, never knew you were in a relationship, Darling."

She rolled her eyes as she lifted up the SD card snuggled inside the case. As the traffic had the car stopping, the man looked more invested in the small card she was holding on to.

"Does it have a movie presentation or something?"

"It's from Jon." She repeated. "It had it inside the box. I don't know what's on it, and I'm too scared to see it and make it change my mind about him. Check what's in it and destroy it."

"You know I'm not good with this kinds of things, Darling." He pointed out turning back to driving. "But I'll have Bradley check it out for you."

She nodded, placing the SD card back into the box. She shoved the box into the glove compartment, she had no use of the ring and there was no reason for her to have it anymore.

"You can have the ring, you know. That must have cost him a fortune."

"It's not mine to own anymore, Sin."

She stared right at her daughter still mumbling to herself as their drive continued on.

"I can't have it anymore."

After a few minutes, they finally arrived at her new home. In the suburbs of Cleveland, she finally found a home for herself and her family. A two story house, with three bedroom, two bathroom, and the best front and backyard all three of them could ever have in their lives.

This was the home away from the madness of it all.

She got out of the car and carried her daughter into her arms. Her little fingers immediately taking hold of the collar of her dress as she began talking about how big the house they were in right now. She smiled watching her daughter's movement in the pink tutu dress she had on as she pointed out at everything new she was seeing.

"This is our new home, Baby." She whispered against her cheeks as she planted kisses upon kisses. "We're going to be happy here from now on."

She had watched Joshua begin placing all of her things by the porch. A smile was on her face at the series of complaints he was having while placing all her things out of the car. She had soothed the man with a promise of a raise and a week off to which prompted the man to work faster and far quieter than he once did.