Chapter 20: T W I L I G H T

[the faint light before sunrise and after sunset]

Sonya was left speechless with the chaos that Kenny and Jon had laid in their match. The match was brutal and it was a good idea for Jon and everyone else to hide the implication of what the match would go into. She would admit, this was child's play compared to the bloodshed both of them had experienced in WWE, but in this new company, a company they had run towards to, this was unnervingly disturbing to watch.

"I hate this." She muttered towards Tony and Cody.

She sat in the monitor room, but knowing her involvement with the man part of the match, she had the night off, something she wasn't comfortable doing, especially seeing her husband hanged in a noose made of anchor chains. It bothered her more than anything right now.

All throughout numerous objects were used for each of their torture. Trashcan, barbwire covered baseball bat, and even a plywood with mouse trap glued all over. Broken tables laid haphazardly all around the outside of the ring. The blood painted scarlet all over the ground and she was led to believe this was far from over between them both.

With Kenny finally letting go of the chains and Jon was on his knees outside of the ring. In one fast movement, Kenny had jumped through the top rope landing Jon onto the table to the loud ovation of the crowd.

She wanted to leave the monitor room, unable to continue watching the macabre both of them were willing to make. She had enough as Kenny Omega pulled out a black bag that contained broken glass. She knew where it was going and she was just going nauseated at what it would mean right now. Pulling out her laptop, she tried distracting herself from the chaos inside the ring as Jim Ross had explained in the announcers table with Reid how Kenny was using the glass to cut through Jon's fingers.

She begins answering emails that need to be responded to, emails from anyone related to WWE were sent to spam, and all the files she would need for the upcoming trial was laid before her to evaluate along with Joshua for the next few days.

"Thank God you didn't bring Sam to the show tonight." Tony pointed out.

Upon looking up she witnessed Kenny forcing the glass into Jon's mouth. Bile begins rising on her throat and she was done for making no more reaction and turning back towards her laptop to continue on with replying to her emails and making plans for the next few meeting she has with investors as well as the executives.

With the louder roar of the crowd, she once again looks up to see her husband and Kenny Omega now on the stage, laying on a bed of barbwire. She shook her head watching what was left of her husband and Omega. Both now being guided by the medical team out of the bed of wires, the scarlet that painted both of the men's back. She was itching to actually get out but knew she would never want to involve herself in front of the camera anymore than what her capacity would need her to be in.

"Twenty bucks, Jim Cornette and Vince Russo would think this match is Garbage wrestling." Sonya pointed out earning a chuckle from both Cody and Billy Gunn. "How the fuck can we get away with this on TV." Her question now directed at Tony.

"They knew about this, its fine, Son." Tony assured with a smile.

She nodded seeing the aftermath before turning her attention back to her email. Joshua sending her the rest of the files she would need. Medical records after her miscarriage, the permanent side-effect that came with what had happened and her eventual institutionalization because of what had happened.

She still doubt if she was able to win the case and finally be served the justice she knew she deserved for what happened. Even with all the evidence placed for her case to win, she was still in doubt, the shadow of her family trying to intervene knowing she was bringing down the company's top star and bringing such a horrible image to their company because of it.