Chapter 21: G U I L T Y

[justly chargeable with a crime; wicked; not innocent]

a/n; trigger warning: discussions of rape, miscarriage, and other sexual and drug elements will be shown in this chapter. Please don't read if this will be an uncomfortable topic for any of you. thank you.

~

Today was the very day Sonya was dreading. Today marks the day of John Hennigan's arraignment. With everything going on in her life, she was forced to take the next few days off with Tony now as the Acting-CEO of the company all throughout the trail that would hopeful take place.

In the moments that she was not working in AEW, she was faced with the things she did not have control over. She was to face the man she hasn't seen for nearly two years but on a much more serious situation.

"You two ready?" Joshua Sinclair might have a smile on his face, but everyone knew the situation they would come face to face with as soon as they walk inside the court room.

In the cold morning in Columbus, Ohio, the husband and wife had fared well with what was to come. Samantha was under the care of Reid and Jojo back in Cleveland, her son wanting to also join the hearing but Sonya did not want to expose her son to the mess that had come to ever getting involved with the man.

Their accusation might have been more than they had let off to her son, the less she knew, the better it would be for each and every one of them before they finally move on with their life.

"I was told one of the McMahons would also be joining today." Joshua advised. "And for tomorrow or the following days of the proceeding, there will be a chance that some of them would also be joining."

She halted in her steps at the news. She wanted nothing to do with them, but this was an opportunity for them to take advantage, she had opened a window for them to get to her, she was fucking with one of their top stars and it was ruining their business more than ever.

"I'm led to believe they won't be on my side on this." She pointed out, holding onto her husband's hand. As long as she had Jon and everyone else on her side, her family meant nothing to her.

Joshua sighed as they finally made their way inside, minutes before the beginning and instead of who she expected to be her father or even Stephanie, she was met with the warm smile of her older brother, Shane McMahon who sat on the prosecutor's side of the sitting area.

"Took you long enough, Sunny." Shane smiled.

Pleasantries were not made as Johnny Hennigan, cuffed and practically battered, was escorted into his seat. Sonya's eyes made its way to the defendant's side of the room, to see most of Johnny's family present as well as his wife. All eyes were glaring daggers at Sonya but she simply ignored them and took a seat beside her brother, Jon sitting on her other side.

They were instructed to stand as the judge arrived before being said to sit down. As the judge has instructed the photographers to settle did she come to realize the severity of how the people were now become well aware of the mess her life has turned out thanks to the man in cuffs and wearing the signature orange uniform.

As the judge began with her opening statement, Jon had held onto her hand all throughout, becoming the rock she needed as she was now coming face to face with the monster of her past in the form of the man in question. The judge has explained to Johnny his rights going forward during the arraignment and Sonya had noticed Joshua with the prosecutors discussing any way to have this case go into their favour.

"With several counts listed in the indictment totalling to thirty two counts, I would like to state, for the record, the summary of the charges in the thirty two counts: Twelve counts of rape. Seventeen counts of Domestic Violence. One count of domestic violence which caused miscarriage. And lastly, two counts of murder."