Chapter 7: C A R E S S

[any act or expression of affection; an embrace]

"You did something not anyone of us could ever do." Matt Jackson had pointed out the moment Dynamite had started.

The show had started with a fast glimpse of CM Punk and AJ Lee in the audience. A smile was on her lips for the momentary CM Punk chant before it was replaced with the excited cheer for what the show was to present them with. This was what WWE could never control, in the fan's displeasure for their product, the man's name had been their answer but they constantly ignored it and proceeded with what they want and ignored what the fans wanted.

"Someone is getting a raise." Tony joked to which made her snort. She was paid well enough for herself and her family.

"Give it to the crew instead, Tons. Shits about to get down with WWE." She pointed out finding out from Phil how the company had offered him a million dollar contract to come back.

"Are they waging a war?"

"We've already won the war, Tony. We're just saving ourselves from the retaliation." She assured.

This was one of the very things she had anticipated when she had first approached the Khan family about the possibility of a new wrestling brand. She had fought tooth and nail until Tony finally agreed with her vision and he had helped her finally convince his father, Shahid, to make AEW a reality. She had to wage everything she own if this ever failed, but things had turned for the better, more than she and Tony would ever expect, the very promise Cody Rhodes and the rest of his crew had made was coming to full terms and that scared WWE more than anything else.

They were the first actually competition they could ever have and because of their arrogance and lack of anticipation of what they are capable, the lost the war and the heart of most of their fans. It scared WWE, even more so knowing she, who had once made ratings up in her appearance, be part of something much greater away from the company.

"I trust you, Son. We're already making waves, it's only gonna get bigger from this." He smiled and for once she smiled back in the same manner.

Her eyes turning back to everyone, all preoccupied with their own conversation leaving her a few minutes to talk to Tony in private.

"Hey, remember the offer you gave my son to help out in commentary?" she asked. "Is the offer still available?"

She knew that Tony had known about what had happened and even Jim Ross was appalled by the WWE's decision. Everyone thought it was a mistake on WWE's side letting go of two of their best asset at a time like this, but nonetheless, it could be an opportunity for them now.

"Of course." Tony reassured. "I think it's great if we have Reid here, he'd make a great addition doing commentary for Dark. Does Jojo have a plan as well? I think we can work something out with her as well, add to the announcers team as well."

She sighed taking hold of Tony's hand. She wanted to hug Tony, he was the last hope he had before she relented in throwing her son in Impact as she had first thought she would. She was scared to allow them into the unknown, this was a desperate move, but still it was the hope they needed to finally move on from every single thing she had worked so hard to escape from.

"Also heard from Cody you're looking for a place in Ohio?" Tony inquired squeezing her hand back with a smile. "Can I help you out with a place? I know a good place, away from people but still secure enough for your privacy."

"You've done so much already, Tons. I think we can manage." She assured.

"We're family here, Son. Anything I can help with, I'm more than willing to do."