CHAPTER TWENTY NINE; SO WE'RE STEALING NOW?

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE; SO WE'RE STEALING NOW? — Also known as The Bite, Part 2

• • •

• • •

It hadn't taken us long to find a blindfold for El and we opened all the freezer doors so she could listen to the noise for concentration while she searched for Dustin and Steve. I chewed my nail nervously as I leaned against the shelves, dying in the anticipation as we stood in silence watching her.

Opposite me Lucas cracked a coke can open and we all looked at him incredulously, "Quiet." Max scolded.

"Oh, sorry." He whispered.

"How do you even drink that?" Mike asked.

"Because it's delicious."

"What?" Max and Mike snapped at the same time.

"It's like Carpenter's The Thing." Lucas compared, "The original is a classic, no question about it, but the remake.." He slurped the coke before sighing, "Sweeter, bolder.. better."

"You're insane." Mike told him.

"So you prefer the original Thing?" Lucas asked.

I rose both my brows, biting back an agitated sigh. They were seriously arguing over New Coke in the context of The Thing. They were using a movie to talk about a drink. A fucking drink.

"What no?" Mike said, "I'm not talking about the Thing. I'm talking about New Coke."

"It's the same concept, dude." Lucas told him and I rolled my eyes hard.

"Uh actually it's not the same concept." Mike fired.

"It is the same concept."

I shook my head, "It doesn't matter."

"Yes it does." Mike snapped at me.

I arched a brow and stepped towards him, "Watch it—"

"—Chill." Nancy said to me, holding my shoulder.

"Look." Mike shook his head and looked to Lucas, "It doesn't matter. It's not the same concept."

"Yes it is." Lucas argued loudly.

"Hey." El snapped, pulling the blindfold off her eyes quickly. We all turned to her as she glared heatedly at Lucas and Mike.

"Sorry." Mike said sheepishly.

Lucas nodded, scratching the back of his neck, "Sorry."

"Did you find him?" I asked El.

She took a deep sigh before nodding, "The movies."