CHAPTER THIRTY ONE; THE TODFTHR

CHAPTER THRITY ONE; THE TODFTHR — Also known as; The Battle of Starcourt, Part 2

• • •

I walked behind the group of four with my arms crossed as Steve pushed the mall doors open excitedly, "Oh, man now this..." He said, flipping the car keys in his hand, ".. This is what I'm talkin' about!"

I fell inline with Dustin and Robin as she arched her brow, "The 'Toddfather'?"

"Oh, screw Todd!" Steve beamed as we neared the mustard Cadillac convertible, "Steve's her daddy now."

"Oh my god." I facepalmed.

"Did you just talk about yourself in the third person?" Robin asked as Steve hopped over the door.

"Did he just call himself daddy?" Erica questioned.

I got into the passenger seat and shook my head, "We're pretending he didn't just say that so please.. don't repeat it." I said.

"All right, where are we going?" Steve asked, completely ignoring our commentary.

"Weathertop." My cousin replied.

"Weather-what?" Steve asked.

"Just drive."

"Okay, Jesus." Steve said defensively, turning the key and revving the engine before reversing out of the mall parking lot and swinging on to the main road.

I rested my head on my hand as we drove and I felt my cousin tap me on the shoulder, "Hey Jen, everything alright?"

I shook my head, "I just don't know how I feel about leaving Joyce and Hopper at the mall an—and the Mind Flayer—"

"—What about it?" Steve asked.

"He knows where El is." I muttered, "It doesn't matter if we all go to Murray's surely the Mind Flayer will just follow El? Or if not the Mind Flayer then Billy."

Steve gripped the steering wheel, "Let the son of a bitch try to step through them doors when I'm there—"

I looked at him, "He'll kill you."

"I'd like to see him try." He scoffed.

My eyes widened, "Really?" I questioned, "Because he nearly killed El. He forced a sauna door open, he threatened to gut me with a piece of tile Steve—"

"In Steve's defence he took on a Russian guard and beat him." Dustin said.

"But he's not a match against Billy." I turned in my seat.

"Thanks for the confidence boost Jennifer." Steve scoffed.

"It's the plain truth Steve." I told him bluntly, "El could barely take him so you'd have absolutely no chance. You haven't seen him since the Mind Flayer possessed him."