CHAPTER THIRTY TWO; I FORGIVE YOU

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO; I FORGIVE YOU — Also known as; The Battle of Starcourt, Part 3

• • •

Steve and I barrelled into the back of the Wheelers car with Will. Nancy took off, speeding away before we even got the chance to close the door behind us and I reached out daringly to pull it shut. Steve pulled me back once I'd closed the door and I just laid against his stomach, resting there for a minute while I caught my breath again.

"Christ on a bike." I muttered to myself, the radio echoing next to us.

"Oh my god." Steve muttered in disbelief, "What is that thing?!"

"That's the Mind Flayer." Will said to us.

Lucas turned back to see us, "In his true form."

"Jeeez." I said to myself, sitting up from lying against Steve's chest and reaching for my back pocket. I pulled out the cigarettes I took from the store and the lighter and lit one up quickly.

"Jen." Steve said in disbelief. I looked up to him, the cigarette stuck to my top lip as I lit it.

I shrugged innocently, "What?"

"Uh— when?" He stuttered, "When did you start smoking again?"

"About two hours ago." Jonathan answered.

Steve looked to me for confirmation and I extended the cigarette packet to him and with my other hand took the cigarette from between my lips, "Want one?" I asked.

His face still a picture of disbelief and shock he nodded and reached for a stick, "Yeah... yeah." He responded high pitched.

Steve lit the cigarette up and inhaled quickly before exhaling the smoke, "Where did you get these?" He asked me.

"She stole them." Lucas butted in.

Steve arched a brow at me but I only shrugged.

I was trying to ignore the sound the Mind Flayer was making as it followed us but I could literally see it out the corner of my eye, exhaling the cigarette smoke I turned to look out the window and Steve did too.

"Dusty-bun, do you copy?"

I looked to the radio in between Steve and I and picked it up after the girls voice stopped.

"Who's that?" Steve asked me.

I looked up to him and shook my head cluelessly, "I dunno."

"I copy Susie-poo. It sounds much better now, thanks."

I looked to Steve with an arched brow, "Suzie." We chimed, this was Dustin's Suzie, his girlfriend.

"Okay, so listen." Dustin's voice came through the radio, "Do you know Planck's Constant?"