Chapter 5: Victory!

Saeko made her way to Tadashi who still hadn’t got the courage to go over to Yachi. 

“Hey Tadashi!” she yelled at him making him jump. 

“Uh, yeah?”

“Stop being a wuss and just go talk to her,” Saeko pushed him forward. Tadashi was taken aback by Saeko’s sudden encouragement. 

How did she know I wanted to go talk to Yachi? He looked back at Saeko and was persuaded by her glare. He made his way over to Yachi who was still with Hinata.

Yachi noticed him come over.

“Hey Tadashi, you did well out there! I knew you could do it!” Yachi told him.

“It’s mostly thanks to you for making me feel less anxious,” He told her. 

“Oh, I didn’t do much,” Yachi scratched her cheek shyly. 

“No really, you did help a lot,” Tadashi looked her in the eyes and smiled. Yachi was caught off guard by his sincere smile. She smiled at him back.

She’s so cute! Tadashi thought. Hinata noticed Tadashi’s stare and Yachi’s friendly behavior.  

“Hey, Tadashi, good game out there!” Hinata complimented him breaking the silence.

“Thanks, Hinata. You also played well.” 

“Yea Hinata, that quick attack really is something!” Yachi added. Hinata smirked at the compliments he received. 

“Just one more game guys, and you’ll make it to nationals!” Yachi cheered them on.

Hinata and Tadashi smiled at her. 

Daichi told everyone to go shower and get changed to leave back to the school. 

On the bus, Kiyoko and Yachi sat together. Yachi went on and on about how exciting it was to see the matches.

“And Hinata’s moves were really something,” Yachi’s tone changed when she talked about Hinata and Kiyoko was quick to notice. 

“Yea he and Kageyama are the perfect combination,” Kiyoko said. 

“They really are!” Yachi beamed.

When they arrived at the school, everyone at school greeted them and held up signs congratulating their win. The boys loved the cheering but they had to go to the gym to have a quick talk with coach Ukai before they went home to rest. 

“Now I know you guys are happy about today’s win but tomorrow’s game will decide whether you go to nationals or not. Luckily, for you guys, your managers gathered up some research on Shiratorizawa’s moves for you to look over and prepare yourselves for tomorrow,” Coach Ukai passed around some papers. 

“Kiyoko did this for me!?” Tanaka and Nishinoya yelled in unison.

“Alright, Yachi you’re the best!” Hinata yelled.

“Yea Yachi, thank you so much,” Tadashi said, not nearly as loud as Hinata’s yell.

“We just wanted to be helpful,” Yachi said bashfully. 

“Thanks a lot, you too,” Daichi told them.

“Well, look over that tonight and make sure to get plenty of rest for tomorrow,” Coach Ukai told them. The boys got up and said their goodbyes before they left for home. 

“Yachi, it’s late already, do you want to walk together to the bus stop?” Kiyoko asked her. 

“Sure,” Yachi agreed.