Chapter 16: The Hangover

The next morning Yachi woke up curled up next to Hinata who was still sleeping. He had an arm around her waist and their faces were centimeters apart. Yachi's face turned red and she moved away from him quickly..

"Huh? What happened?" Hinata sat up half awake. Yachi sat up and fixed her hair and pajamas.

"Good morning, Hinata," Yachi said next to him.

Hinata turned to look at her and his eyes widened.

Oh crap, I forgot I slept in Yachi's bed last night!

He cleared his throat, "Uh, good morning."

"How did you sleep?" Yachi asked.

"Good," Hinata said.

"That's good," Yachi said, getting out of bed. "We should start getting reading for school."

"Uh, yeah. I'll use the restroom after you," Hinata said.

"You can use the other restroom if you want. I might take a while," Yachi told him.

"Oh, right. I forgot about the other restroom," Hinata got his things and left.

Yachi went to the restroom to wash up and change.

After they both got dressed, they ate breakfast and left for school on Hinata's bike.

When they got there, Kageyama was just arriving too.

"Good morning, Kageyama!" Hinata told him as he locked up his bike.

"Good morning," Kageyama said. He turned to look at Yachi who turned away. Kageyama raised an eyebrow, confused.

I just remembered the kiss he gave me yesterday! It was rude of me to turn away suddenly. I should say good morning!

"Good morning, Kageyama! I hope you enjoyed the party yesterday," Yachi said, turning to look at him with a smile.

"Yeah I did, although I don't remember much of what happened after playing that second round of truth or dare. I suddenly woke up in my bed this morning with a huge headache and no memory of how I got home," Kageyama said.

"That's because you were drunk last night! Oh, boy you should've seen yourself. You were being so touchy and goofy!" Hinata laughed.

Thank goodness he doesn't remember the kiss or what he said to me, Yachi sighed and gave Kageyama an awkward glance which he noticed. They all walked into the school together.

Why did she look at me like that? Did I do something embarrassing? I know I was having some weird thoughts after drinking....I wonder if I did anything weird to her.

Kageyama went to his class first leaving Hinata and Yachi behind.

"See you later!" Hinata told him. Yachi smiled and waved. Kageyama waved at them without looking back.

"Well, this is where we part," Hinata said as they got to Yachi's class.

"Yea," Yachi turned to face him.

"I'll see you during lunch," she gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Can't wait," Hinata smiled.

"Hinata, get to class!" Yachi's teacher told him, startling both of them.

"Yes, sir," Hinata said, rushing off. Yachi giggled and went into her class.

During lunch, they sat together at their usual spot near the school gym. It was a secluded place so not many people were there.