Chapter 19: Study Buddies

As the days went by, Hinata and Yachi continued to go on dates after practice. They also had days when they would study together in her house. On one particular day after practice, Kageyama asked if he could join them in one of their study sessions.

“You want to study with us?” Hinata asked, surprised. 

“Yea, I need help with a few things. I think Yachi might be able to help,” Kageyama explained. 

“I don’t mind! It’ll be like the first time we met and I helped you two study for your English exam,” Yachi smiled. 

“Oh yeah, we did meet like that, didn’t we! Who would’ve thought we would be dating months later,” Hinata laughed. 

Kageyama looked annoyed. 

“So are we going to study or not?” he asked. 

“Yea, we can start making our way to my house,” Yachi said. 

“Do you always go to your house to study?” Kageyama, asked surprised. 

“Yeah,” Yachi answered. 

“Yup, if we were to go to my place my little sister wouldn’t let us study,” Hinata said. 

“Your parents don't mind?” Kageyama asked Yachi.

“No, my dad works abroad and my mom comes home from work late everyday,” Yachi told him. 

So, they’re always alone at her house? Kageyama looked at them surprised.

“We’re here,” Yachi said as they arrived at her house. 

She let them in and prepared some tea for them to drink while they studied. 

Hinata and Kageyama got comfortable in the living room and took out their textbooks. 

“So, what did you need help with Kageyama?” Yachi said as she placed down the tea and sat down between them. 

“Well, there’s this question I was confused on…” Kageyama showed her the question and Yachi explained it to him. He continued to show her questions in which she helped him better understand.

She’s only helping him. I’m here too! Hinata looked at them annoyed then continued to study on his own. After a while, Yachi turned to Hinata who was reading something with a pouty face.

“Hinata, do you need help with anything?” Yachi asked. 

“No, I’m fine. You should keep helping Kageyama. He needs it more,” Hinata said, bluntly and without looking up at her. 

Kageyama gave him a look. Yachi looked at him a bit troubled and Kageyama noticed.

“Hey, don’t worry Yachi he’s just JEALOUS you’re only helping me. That’s why he’s acting that way,” Kageyama told her. 

“Eh,” Yachi said shocked. He’s jealous because I’m only helping Kageyama?

“I’m not jealous!” Hinata shouted. 

“Ok, whatever you say,” Kageyama said in a mocking tone. 

Hinata scowled at him but didn’t say anything. Yachi looked at both of them confused. 

“I’ll go get more tea,” she said as she got up and took their empty cups. 

“Hey, stop acting rude and just accept some help from Yachi. She looks upset when you don’t even look at her,” Kageyama told Hinata. 

“I’m not being rude to her, I would never do that. I just told her to keep helping you because you’re obviously dumb and you need it,” Hinata told him.