Chapter 12: The Youngest Member

*Author note: So maybe some of you have realized and maybe some of you haven't but I didn't include the whole training camp Tsuki and Hinata go to after they won against Shiratorizawa. I actually skipped that and I might include it later or not depending on where I go with the story. So, this chapter is around the time Hinata would've gotten back from the camp. Also, I’m not entirely sure when exactly nationals is but I’m just saying around early January is when they go. Ok, you can read the chapter now just wanted to clear up a few things!

A few days after their first date, Hinata and Yachi were starting to make their relationship a bit more public. They would eat lunch together and hold hands when walking before and after school. They also tried to see each other whenever they could. Even during study periods, they would leave class using the excuse to go to the restroom and instead meet up. 

Usually, they only talked and held hands. Mostly they just liked being in each other's presence. Occasionally, Yachi would give Hinata a kiss on the cheek before they parted, which Hinata loved. Neither of them had the guts to initiate a kiss on the lips though.

When they arrived at the gym one day after class, Nishinoya announced their arrival. 

“Here comes the team couple!” he yelled to the team in a playful manner. Yachi and Hinata blushed. 

“Hey, stop teasing them!” Daichi reprimanded him. Nishinoya grinned at them. Hinata didn’t get a chance to yell at him because coach Ukai came in to give an announcement.

“Alright everyone nationals is approaching fast, we’re half way through December meaning we have less than a month left. Everyone has improved but we need to continue improving! We need to show all of Japan how great we have become since the last time we were at nationals!” Coach Ukai shouted, making everyone cheer. 

After his announcement, everyone started practicing extra hard. Yachi stood on the side with a towel and a water bottle ready for any members who needed it. 

Kiyoko looked at her clip board and held a pencil to her mouth.

“Hmm,” she said aloud.

“What is it?” Yachi questioned.

“Kageyama’s birthday is coming up on the 22nd. I wonder if we should do something?” she told her.

“What do you usually do for birthdays?” Yachi asked. 

“I usually bring in a cake and we all share it, but the thing is his birthday is on a Sunday. We don’t have practice Sunday so that’s why I’m wondering if we should do something or not,” she explained. 

“We should have a surprise party since we don’t have practice or classes. Everyone is free!” Yachi suggested excitedly. 

“Uh, I don’t know. That seems a little extreme. Besides, we're not allowed to have parties in the gym unless we get permission and we would need at least a few days to write a formal request to the principal and have it get processed and approved. But, it’s already Friday,” Kiyoko explained. 

“Oh, I see that is a problem,” Yachi looked down as she thought. Suddenly, she got an idea.

“We could do it at my house!”

“Are you sure? That wouldn’t be too much of a bother?” Kiyoko asked. 

“No no it’s fine, my dad is overseas and my mom works late or sometimes even stays all night at her job,” Yachi told her. 

“Wow, your parents are hard workers,” Kiyoko commented. “Well, if you’re really fine with it we can talk to the team and see what they think about it.”