Chapter 6: Rainy Day

One day after practice, there was a light shower of rain so Hinata offered Yachi a ride home on his bike.

“It’s fine I have an umbrella, you should get home as soon as you can since you don't have a raincoat,” Yachi declined.

“But you’ll get home faster if I give you a ride on my bike plus I don't mind getting wet in the rain,” Hinata tried to persuade her. 

Yachi was going to give another excuse but deep inside she wanted to get the ride from him so they could spend just a bit more time together. 

“Alright, I accept,” Yachi gave in. 

Yachi hopped on his backseat and put her arms around his waist. She had gotten more comfortable with doing that now. Hinata took off and the windy rain felt nice on their skin.

“Hinata, we’ll get sick with this wind and rain,” Yachi said as he sped up. 

“We’ll be fine, we’re young and resistant,” Hinata told her. 

Suddenly, the rain increased, downpouring on them. By the time they got to her house, both of them were drenched. 

“Hinata come inside and dry up or you’ll get sick,” Yachi said as she got off his bike. 

“It’s fine, I’ll dry up at home,” Hinata said.

“No really I insist. Maybe by the time you dry up the rain will stop,” Yachi said, pulling him by the wrist. This time Hinata gave in. He placed his bike on the side of her house and went inside with her. 

Yachi went to the bathroom and got some towels. She handed one to Hinata who was still at the entrance not wanting to get the floor wet. 

“I’ll find you some of my dad’s old clothes so you can change,” Yachi said, going to her parent’s room. 

“Wait, you should change first or you’ll get sick!” Hinata called out but Yachi was already walking away. 

She came back a few minutes later with a faded blue t-shirt and some black joggers. 

“Here, they’re my dad’s clothes from before he gained a few pounds, so they should fit you,” Yachi handed him the clothes. 

“Thanks Yachi, and you should really go change yourself,” Hinata persisted. 

“I will let me just show you where the bathroom is so you can change. Follow me,” Yachi led the way to the bathroom. 

“I’ll be in my room changing. You can put your clothes in the dryer then go to the living room when you’re done,” Yachi said before closing the door. 

Then she dashed to her room. She undressed and put on a bathrobe while she tried to find the cutest but casual outfit she could find. After a while of looking, she decided on a pink pullover and some light grey shorts. Then she dried her hair and combed it out. Finally, she put on her slippers and went to the living room. 

Hinata was already there looking around at the family pictures. She watched him as he examined a picture of her as a baby.

“Dad’s old clothes look good on you,” she said breaking the silence. 

“You think so?” Hinata said striking a pose. Yachi giggled.

“Hey I never asked before because I didn’t want to impose, but where is your dad?” he asked. 

“My dad works abroad a lot. He comes home every few months,” Yachi told him.

“Oh I see,” Hinata looked down. He thought about how lonely she must get here with her parents always occupied with work.