Chapter |2| Double Life

My mind is spinning

My mind is spinning. I don't even have the brain right now to process what the man said, all I'm focused on is my family.

My dad and Ash are tied up onto chairs with ropes wrapped all around their chest, arms and legs. There's a gag placed in both their mouth and Ash has a black eye, whilst my dad looks pretty beaten up and is bleeding from his head.

Ash looks shit scared, and my dad looks like he wants to murder someone right now.

I look to my right and see my mum being held back by a strong man who kind of looks like the human version of the hulk. Her lip is bust open and she's got a nasty cut in her cheek.

There are four other men in the room, not including the man speaking to me and they look like they're about to kill someone any second now.

"Why don't you come in darling? Take a seat. I know this is a lot to process right now." He asked in a pleasant tone, although I knew that it more of an order than a request.

His accent was American. New York, to be more specific.

I quickly sat down, not wanting to upset the man holding a very scary looking gun, and he pulled up a chair and sat in front of me.

"So, let's do introductions. I'm Damon." He held out his hand for me and I hesitantly shook it.

"Gabrielle." I whispered and his face lit up.

"What a pretty name for such a beautiful girl." He slowly stroked the side of my face and I cringed at his touch.

My dad was shouting things but it all muffled and the man, Damon, grasped my face hard. He tightened his grip to point that I was almost crying in pain and turned to look at my dad.

"Talk, and she gets hurt." He pulled out a knife and held it against my cheek. I didn't dare move as I felt the cold blade on my cheek.

"Wouldn't want a repeat of what happened with your wife now would you?" He asked in a sinister tone. I can't believe he cut my mum.

My blood starts to boil and I all I can think about is punching this man in the face right now.

"Or perhaps Marco should take her into the other room and... have some fun with her? I certainly would like a taste. She's very beautiful, but of course you already know that. You're lucky bastard getting to hit that every night." Okay that's it. No-one speaks about my mother like that.

I swung my fist and watched in satisfaction as it connected with Damon's cheek.

Everyone looked shocked, especially Damon, and I knew that I must have done some sort of dance because my hand was throbbing with pain but I didn't care. He hurt my mum.

He spat out some blood into the floor and then slowly turned around. He granted me with a horrible smirk that showed off his bloody teeth and then hit me.