Chapter |9| All Tied Up

As I saw the bullet heading straight towards me, I froze

As I saw the bullet heading straight towards me, I froze. My mind went blank and it was like everything else was zoned out. It was just me and this bullet.

Was this it? This is how I die. Would my parents even find out what happened to me? Would Ryder even care, or would he be glad that he wouldn't have to marry me anymore?

My entire life flashed through my eyes. The moment I first learnt to walk, my first dance recital, to right now.

I closed my eyes and prepared myself the pain, when I was suddenly knocked out of the way. My head collided with the wall but the pain was nothing compared to if I had been hit.

Kira was holding onto my shoulders and shouting something at me but for some reason I couldn't hear her. My ears were ringing and I felt scared. Is this what being in shock feels like?

"Gabi! Gabi! Listen we have to run we don't have a lot of time." Her voice suddenly became clearer and I jumped as the sounds of bullets firing filled my ears.

Suddenly a man came out holding a machine gun and started firing at us. Kira grabbed my hand and we quickly ran into the living and jumped behind the couch.

I placed my hands over my ears to block out the sounds and watched as Kira pulled a gun out of her bra and started to fire at the man.

Soon the bullets stopped heading our way, so I assumed that she killed him. She was motioning for me to go up but I shook my head wanting to stay exactly where I was.

Once she realised that I wasn't going to move, she sighed in frustration and pulled me up. I had no choice but to run behind her as she exposed the both of us.

Luckily the bullets missed us and she slid under the dining table. I gasped as I took in the scene in front of me.

It was like one of those shootouts you see in old western movies, where there's two sides and they're both shooting at each other and ducking.

My eyes scanned the room until I found Ryder. He was hiding behind one of the large pillars connected to the stair case.

I watched carefully as he refilled his ammo and then shot three men right in the middle of their foreheads, perfectly each time, before returning back to his hiding spot.

I noticed that his left arm was bleeding, soaking his white shirt with blood.

He would definitely need medical attention and fast. Even though he was injured, he didn't look like he was in pain and it made me wonder how many times he's been shot before.

His head snapped right and his eyes locked with mine. They widened and then he whispered something to the man next to him.

The man nodded and then started to shoot. Ryder used the distraction to run over to us and in true James Bond fashion he slid across the floor, landing a mere inch from my face.