Chapter |34| News

It's been three whole months since Maddox arrived and he's been adjusting

It's been three whole months since Maddox arrived and he's been adjusting...well. There were a few hiccups along the way, mainly Damon trying to make a fool out of Ryder by tricking Maddox or saying something that would upset him.

I warned him multiple times to ignore anything Damon says, since most of it are lies, but it still gets to him sometimes. His military training has proven to be a blessing in disguise. Maddox  has already been trained in combat, weapons and other helpful stuff.

Since I don't really know much about how the gang works, Kira took it upon herself to become his personal tutor. They spend almost every waking hour together and although they both say they're just friends, I can see something else.

Kira's so much happy now and her eyes literally light up whenever she sees Maddox. It's like he has the same effect on her, that Ryder has on me. She also refuses to go out and tries to persuade me that she's trying to cut down on partying when I know she just wants to spend more time with Maddox.

I ship them so bad but Ryder refuses to accept it. Apparently he'll believe when he sees it, but I know he still dislikes Maddox and that's the true reason why he doesn't want to accept them together.

Antonio and Danny managed to make up. I don't know all the details but they seem even more in love than before and they also came out to everyone last month. It was great and we even threw a big party to celebrate.

Ever since Damon's threat, Ryder's been working extra hard just to prove him wrong. I hate what he does as a profession, but I've also come to accept it. Somedays it gets hard though, especially when he comes home with blood splattered on his shirt. There's not much I can say except, had a hard day at work.

I know that if my mum learned to live with my dad and love him as much as she did, despite knowing what he did everyday, then I can too. Plus, my love for Ryder is far more significant than my hatred for his job.

Ryder comes home late most nights but for some reason I can't sleep without him, so I normally just wait around until he comes home, we usually have hot sex and then I sleep until noon. It bugs me sometimes when I wake up and he's not there. It makes me feel lost.

I haven't got a job, Kira trains Maddox all day, Antonio works and then since Sergio's recent attack Danny's been called off babysitting duty and is working too. I hate my new bodyguard. He doesn't speak and just stands outside my room and then follows me around quietly all day.

I have nothing to do, and I can't help but wonder if I'm going to be this bored for the rest of my life.

"What do you think you're doing? Get back into bed!" Ryder shouts from across the room, causing me to groan. I turn around and slowly trudge back to the bed, before face planting onto it.