Chapter |38| Reconciliation

Pain

Pain. That's all I feel. Sheer gut-wrenching pain, knowing my wife, sister and child have kidnapped by that bastard, Sergio. I'll kill him. Him and anyone else who dared to touch her, or my sister.

The news that they were taken came to me a few hours ago. I was quickly finishing up some work so that I could get home earlier and spend some time with Gabi, when Will burst into my office. He was coated in blood, some of which I doubt was even his, and panting for air.

I'm not a total idiot. Despite the fact that I shouldn't have let Gabi out whatsoever, I made sure that she had a guard following her the whole day. He's like her own personal stalker.

I know that if I assigned more than one man to the job, Kira would have figured it out, and Gabi would have hated me for not trusting her.

Will has been good. He's been successfully following her around everyday, since I found she was pregnant. No-one knows about his secret job so I was confident that my plan would work and he reports back to me every day at five.

I knew as soon as I saw him, something had gone down. Something bad. My brain was racing with every possible scenario and my heart was racing at a hundred miles per hour. I could only make out a couple of words from his explanation. Gabi, Kira, Sergio, taken, couldn't stop it.

My anger over took and even though I shouldn't have, even though I should have calmed myself down, I couldn't. Not when my main reason for acting calm was in danger.

I grabbed the gun from under my desk and shot Will twice in the head. He died instantly but I didn't stop there. I trashed my whole office, all whilst screaming at my secretary to get all my men to the house for briefing.

I knew I needed all hands on deck for the mission we were about to carry out.

My father, Maddox, Antonio and Danny were in charge of four different groups that would assist in different ways to find them. My dad was on weapons, Maddox was on tracking, Antonio was on recon, Danny was interrogating the three men we managed to capture and I was working on formulating a plan for when we find them.

Knowing that he has my child there too, just motivates me more. I could never live if something happened to Gabi or my son.

Son. My son. I don't think I'll ever get over saying that. I was over the moon when we found out we were having a boy. I was secretly hoping that it was a boy and then my wish came true.

"Uh boss, the signal from the ring is lost. It disappeared before I could get an exact location." I slammed my fists on the table and cursed under my breathe. It feels like my only hope of finding them just got snatched away.