Chapter |11| So Close

I pulled the trigger one last time, sending the only remaining alive member of the skulls down to the ground

I pulled the trigger one last time, sending the only remaining alive member of the skulls down to the ground. I quickly ran over to him and checked his pulse.

Once I was satisfied with his non-existent pulse, I tucked my gun back into the waist and of my pants and wiped a sheen of sweat off my forehead.

My men were checking all their pulses to make sure they were really dead, before discarding of their bodies. We only lost a couple of men, and although they were criminals like me they were good men nonetheless.

It always hurt every time someone in the gang died. We're a family.

We look out for each, fight for each other. They always have my back and even thought I'm their leader they not scared of me. Sure they may fear me sometimes but they've been there through all my hard times.

Especially Danny. I consider him my best friend. His father used to be my mine's right hand man, before he sadly past away, so we've known each other since we were kids.

He's the only person who knows how much I want love. How much having a wife means to me, just like how I know he's gay. He's not come out yet and to be honest, I don't think he will for a very long time.

I also know about his secret relationship with Antonio, even though he thinks I don't. I walked in on them making out in his room once. I don't understand why he hasn't told me yet, but I'll wait until he's ready.

"Hey man, we lost John, Tyler, Jason and Fred. I'll call their family's and start arranging the funerals and stuff. Do you want to tell your dad or should I?" Danny asked, giving me a knowing look. He also knew about my broken relationship with my father.

My father is going to be so angry and I know that he'll blame me for being too weak, even though we won. He even manages to find faults in my victories.

I swear, sometimes I think that his brain is just hard wired to hate me. He's gonna be even more pissed when he finds out who it was.

As soon as I saw that skull and bone symbol, that will forever be carved into my brain, I knew that this was his doing. Sergio Gonzalez.

The man who humiliated, embarrassed and almost killed me.

I thought that he had finally given up on his little vendetta for revenge, since I hadn't heard anything from him for about a year now. I don't understand, what's changed?

We haven't required any new significant deals, our cash flow is the same, nothing has really changed. Well nothing apart from...

Gabi, shit!

I ran as fast as I could to the main entrance and the door was wide open, revealing two open car doors, the key in the ignition but no Kira or Gabi.