Chapter |42| Some Alone Time

G A B I ' S P.O.V ~ 2 months later

I finish hanging up the welcome home banner I made for Kira and then slowly climb off the step stool, and admire my amazing work. The banners are pretty spectacular, in my completely biased opinion, and the balloons filled with confetti and glitter are all blown up and strategically placed around the room.

There's a huge buffet with of all her favourite foods, mostly pizzas and burgers, and everyone is here which makes it even better. Kira doesn't know many people so I had to call in back up, i.e. my mum and dad.

They came about three weeks ago to see Kieron and then stayed here ever since. They're leaving in a couple of hours to catch a flight to Miami, which literally scares me to death, because my mum has been such a great help with Kieron.

After the whole Sergio incident I had therapy once a week, and still do now, just to help me cope with all my overwhelming emotions. The main one, guilt, even though Sergio was a terrible person and death couldn't have gone to anyone better.

Kieron is still a little colicky and once we finally got him home, he cried his little eyes out, unless either me or Ryder were holding him. He still sleeps in our bed, meaning that me and Ryder haven't gotten much alone time yet.

My phone pinged and I pulled it out to read the message I've been waiting for from Maddox. I gave Antonio that sign and he killed all the lights. I quickly hid behind the sofa and  we all waited in silence as the door slowly creaked open.

"What are you doing?" I heard her voice ask, and I hold back my the tears.

It's been a long two months without Kira. Everyday I prayed that she would wake up and as luck would have it, she did a few days ago. I'm not allowed out of the house until Ryder is sure that he's eliminated all of Sergio's men and accomplices and as much as it killed me not to visit Kira, I don't want to ever take the risk of being parted from my baby boy again.

"Shh, just relax babe. Okay, we're in the house now." Maddox switched in the lights and we all jumped up, yelling surprise. Kira didn't even flinch and from the knowing smile on her face, I'm guessing Maddox caved. I sighed as I waked towards them, brushing off the dirt in my knees, and lightly slapped his chest.

"You idiot! How could you tell her?" I screamed. Okay, maybe I'm still a little hormonal.

"Sorry, I just couldn't take it. She's so cute and she was sitting there all obliviously. It just came out." I rolled my eyes at his pathetic excuse.

"Well, you ruined it." I said, throwing my hands up in the air.

"No Gabi, it's amazing. I love it. Look, all my favourite colours and foods and people. It's perfect. Thank you so much." Her eyes were watering and she quickly wiped away a few fallen tears. I practically jumped onto her and wrapped my arms around her tight.

"I've never been so scared than I was when I thought you were dead. Please, never slip into a coma again." She chuckled at my stupid joke and kissed my cheek.

"I promise. Sisters for life."

"Sisters for life." I cried, pulling her in for another hug. Eventually we had to break the hug and both of us just smiled at each, whilst wiping the fat tears that left our eyes.

"God, we're such sappy bitches." I laughed and then smiled, as I felt an arm wrap around my waist. I leaned into his chest as he planted a kiss onto my head.

"Welcome home sis,"

"Fuck off dork. Now, give me my nephew/ godson." Ryder laughed at the insult and gently passed over Kieron who staring up at her with big brown eyes.