Chapter |33| New Member

"Okay, so I guess I'll start at the very beginning

"Okay, so I guess I'll start at the very beginning. Me and Ryder didn't just fall in love, or start dating like normal people. Our relationship started because of a deal." I knew that it would hard, having to talk about the past, but Maddox needed to hear everything.

Ryder sat down next to me, simply staring down at the floor and not saying a word, and Maddox sat down on the coffee table opposite me.

"A deal. What like a business deal?" He asked, as he narrowed his eyes at me in confusion.

"Yes exactly. Basically my dad is the leader of a gang." Maddox stared at me for a moment, mouth agape, and then suddenly burst out laughing.

"Your dad is in a gang. No way is that fucking true."

"Yes it is. I didn't believe it myself, until he explained to it all to me and my mum was crying. It's true and one day I came back from college and there were all these men there with guns. My family was all tied up and then the leader, Ryder's dad, came out and told me that he wanted my dad's gang and in order to have it I had to marry his son." Maddox turned his head and gave Ryder a deathly glare.

"So, you were forced to marry him? You didn't even want to? What the fuck? You forced her to marry you, you bastard!" In a fit of rage, Maddox stood and chucked a vase at the wall. I cringed at the sound of glass shattering and quickly stood up, completely forgetting about my leg, to calm him down.

"Mads, calm down. Please." I winced in pain, as I placed my hand on his chest. He was breathing heavily but slowly sat down, as did I.

"So, I agreed. I wasn't willing to let him hurt my family, and I left London to go to New York. I met Ryder and we got off to a rocky start but eventually we fell in love. We dated for a little while, before getting married, so you know, it's not we were complete strangers. Those men want Ryder's gang as revenge. They even went as far as kidnapping me and Kira, Ryder's sister, to do so. Obviously they failed but you know, it's apart of the lifestyle." I said, casually shrugging my shoulders.

"Apart of the lifestyle? Gabi, you were stabbed. There's literally three dead bodies here and we nearly died. How can you be alright with this? How can you want to be with him?" I was about to speak, when Ryder suddenly stood up and pulled out his gun, pointing it at Maddox's head.

"Ryder, what are you doing?" I asked warily, taking small steps towards him.

"He's seen too much. He knows too much. He has to go." My eyes went wide, as did Maddox's, when Ryder cocked the gun.

"Baby no, he's my friend. He's like my brother, you can't kill him. Please," I begged with tears streaming down my face in fear. I've never seen Ryder like this before. He looks so.. empty. Is this what he's like whenever he's about to kill someone?