Chapter |32| A Stabbing

"Aren't you pretty?" He whispered breaking the silence, before he grabbed ahold of my arms and threw me onto the floor

My head smashed into the bedside table and the lamp fell to the ground, causing a huge bang. The gun slid under the bed and I groaned out in pain.

He pulled me back up and slammed me into the wall. I cringed as my head collided with the hard surface and I could feel blood trickling down my forehead.

"Who knew Ryder Romano had such a hot wife? No wonder the boss wants you. Maybe I should have a little taste myself first?" He buried his head into the nape of my neck and started to place sloppy kisses all over it. My hands were pinned behind my back and his large body was pressed against mine, trapping me against the wall.

One of his hands moved to my chest, but the other still had a tight hold on my hands so I couldn't move. His hand slid under one of the skits of my dress and grazed my bare breast. I had the urge to vomit from his vile touch and then suddenly remembered something from my training.

I tipped my head back, which I'm sure he thought was a sign that I was enjoying his assault on me, and then slowly moved my leg up. I grabbed ahold of both sides of him face and pointed to my lips. He smirked victoriously, and just before his lips could touch mine, I swung my head forward.

The collision caused my head to throb even more, but it didn't stop me. I quickly thrust my knee up, connecting with his groin, and watched as he cried out in pain and fell to the ground. I gave him a hard kick in the stomach and then started to running.

"Shit," I muttered under my breathe, realising that I left my gun there. I didn't want to risk going back so I just prayed that Ryder came home soon.

I reached the top of the stairs and then glanced back for a moment. The man, clearly in pain, was running towards me with a gun in his hand. I ducked and screamed as he shot at me. Luckily he missed and I rushed downstairs. The lights were still all out and Maddox was no longer on the couch.

I searched for him as best I could when I was suddenly grabbed by the waist. I started to elbow the man but to no avail, so I threw my head back again, but he dodged it and wrapped one of his large arms around my neck. Each time I squirmed in his grip, his hold got tighter, slowly cutting off my airway.

"You think that was wise you little bitch. Watch what I do to your body now." He sneered into my ear as my vision started to get blurry. My ears were ringing, my head was pounding and I couldn't breathe. Was this it? Was this how I die?

Suddenly I heard a loud smash behind me and a painful grunt. The arm around my neck slowly let go and I turned around in time to see the man fall to the ground. His eyes were closed and a puddle of blood forming around his head.

I looked back up to see Maddox with a frying pan in his hand, coated in blood. The moment I saw him I fell into his arms and started to cry. Large sobs left my mouth and he dropped the pan, in order to hold me properly.