Chapter |22| One Week Till I Say I Do

It's already been a month, since we arrived back in New York, and things between me and Ryder have been

It's already been a month, since we arrived back in New York, and things between me and Ryder have been... good. I don't see him as much as I used to and whenever he does come back home, it's either at the crack of dawn or the middle of the night.

Apparently there's some big deal going down and Ryder has to make sure it's perfect to please his father. Whenever we do occasionally see each other, we always end up chatting for about ten minutes, before making out.

We never get any further than that because he always gets a call and has to leave in a rush.

I've been hanging out with Kira a lot more but we've barely been allowed out of the house, apart from the occasional shopping trips. Antonio tags along too sometimes, which I don't think is good idea, since he always persuades to do bad things like drink our body weight in tequila.

Last night we all played strip poker, after Kira gave me a crash course in how to play, but we had to do a strip tease if we lost as well. Considering I only just learnt how to play, you can guess what it led to.

Me in just my lace panties, Kira wearing only her shirt and undies and Antonio with just his boxers in.

Everything was great and I was totally comfortable being naked in front of them, since Kira already seen me and naked and Antonio's gay. That was until Ryder decided to drop into my room and check up on me.

You can imagine his reaction, seeing his fiancé topless, holding cards in her hand whilst off her face on booze. He was not happy, and it didn't help that Antonio and Kira were smashed as well.

He had to drag Antonio and Kira back to their rooms, dress me, tidy up and then hold my hair whilst I proceeded to throw up for the next hour.

This morning I woke up with a monster headache and a note beside me that read, Had to go to work, may see you tonight. Ryder x.

I get it, he's a busy and powerful man. Plus, I sort of ruined whatever he had planned last night so I do feel really bad.

It's around four in the afternoon and as usual I'm just curled up on the chair, outside on the balcony, reading a book. I bit my lip as I reach a particularly sexy scene and imagine Ryder doing the naughty things to me, that Austin was doing to Marissa.

"Uh, Gabi." Two knocks on the glass window brought me out of my erotic book and I turned to see Danny, asking if he could come out. I waved him in and set my book down, marking the page I was on so I could get back into it later.

"Damon wants to see you in his office." I nodded and then made my way back inside, sorting out my hiked up skirt on the way.

Surprisingly enough, having Danny as my bodyguard has been great. It's means I'm never lonely, and I always get the scoop on his relationships with Antonio, before Kira, which severely pisses her off.