Chapter |10| Story Time

"Sergio Gonzalez

"Sergio Gonzalez." He said before picking up the chair and the table, leaving us in the dark. I felt Kira's body stiffen at the sound of the name.

I instantly knew that the name was of some importance because Kira was now so quiet that you could hear mice scurrying around. Her breathing was kind of heavy and for a moment I thought she was having a panic attack.

I needed to know something about this man. I mean he got Kira, who is one of the toughest and bravest girls I know, afraid. The man also mentioned that Sergio wants something from Ryder, which also piqued my interest.

"Kira, who's Sergio? What was that man talking about?" Kira just ignored my questions and continued to stay silent.

I called out her name a couple more times in the hope for a response but nothing. I sighed in frustration and tried to think of another way to get her to talk.

Okay, times to put that drama GCSE to use.

"Kira, please. I'm scared. I've never been in a situation like this before. I'm thousands of miles away from my family, I'm stuck in this dark cold room, I don't have the slightest clue what's going on. Please, tell me something." I made sure to make it sound like I was crying and when she didn't respond I gave up.

"Sergio Gonzalez is a complete mystery." I heard the sentence come out of her mouth and I instantly applauded my acting skills.

"He's like a ghost. He's never seen or heard and yet he also manages to cause destruction. He has one goal. Destroy my family line and everything we worked for." That doesn't sound very good.

"The Gonzalez family was one of the most powerful and respected mafia families in the world but that all changed thanks to my great grand father, Luca Romano." Kira said the name with hatred, confusing me since I remember how proud Damon was when he announced that Luca Romano was his grandfather.

"He was a horrible man. He used to beat his wife and his kids. He didn't care about anything other than money, drugs and power."

"The mafia world was actually peaceful at the time. The Spanish mafia which was run by the Omar Gonzalez, Sergio's grandfather, was a fair and just man. He never started any fights and he tried to solve every matter in a civilised way. Everyone was happy with the Spanish Mafia leading the way, everyone expect Luca. He wanted more power. He was greedy and conniving. He forced his son, Michael Romano, to break into one of Omar's drug houses in Spain. Luca wanted Michael to get caught and taken to the big boss. He knew that Omar wouldn't be able to kill a teenage boy. He took advantage of Omar's kindness and generosity. Omar took Michael in and trained him. He taught him everything about his business and told him all his secrets. He became like a son to him and after about a year, Luca thought it was time to carry out the rest of his plan. Omar never knew Michael's real parents, he posed as an orphan which makes the story even more sick and twisted. My grandfather, Michael was a born liar. He had no compassion or sympathy and any little bit kindness in him was beaten out by Luca. All he cared about was power, just like his father, so he gave his father all the codes to get into Omar's house, all the drug dealing information, everything. Luca's men attacked Omar's house at night and they killed everyone. Luca wanted to eradicate the whole of the Gonzalez line so he killed all of Omar's children, cousins, Aunts, Uncles everyone." I gasped at how horrific the story was. What kind of person could kill an entire family, children?